Chapter Thirteen: The Protégé

A girl whose hair was mud brown and whose eyes were green was walking in the street of Los Angeles. She was a complete copy of Paige except that she doesn’t have horns. She wore a ring to make her black wings vanished. Maddox. A breeze of air made her shivered; she looked at the sky and realized the moon was full. She knew she was being followed, so she turned to a narrow space between two buildings.

She was right of course; a hooded had been following her. She turned around and said, “What do you want from, Seraphim?”

The man removed his jacket, revealing his white wings and his golden body. His hair was honey blond and his eyes were blue; his skin was tanned. He slid out a dagger from his pocket and said, “You.” He charged himself towards her.

She immediately dodged and she punched him. He fell to the ground while she slid out a knife from her jacket. She poked him and she quickly went to the main street. She said, “Seraphims are coward.” She giggled.

Maddox remembered when Juno adopted her. She was just six years old then. She was trained to kill; she was a protégé. At the age of sixteen, she was turned into Seraphim; wings were implanted on her back which she dyed black soon. Her horns were cut and they did not grow. He did so she could spy in the heaven for him. Everything paid off now, they have a great soulless army. Now, that they discovered Lisa had a daughter after he tortured Erlking, everything was now on the plan; someone would open purgatory or paradise soon.

She entered a bar owned by a faerie named Peridot. Bright lights filled the dance floor; people danced along. She went to the counter and ordered a glass of tequila; she quickly drank seven shots of it and strode for the dance floor.

Drunk, Maddox started to dance. She twitched and danced again. Everyone cheered for her as she danced. A brunette boy joined her and they both danced.

“What’s your name?” He said as he danced.

“Maddox.” Maddox shot him a seductive look and smiled. She knew he was a demon. She pulled him out of the dance floor and they went to the girl’s comfort room. She said, “What’s your name?”

“Lucas.”

Maddox started to kiss him. She put her arms around his neck. Lucas kissed back but there was a burning sensation in his mouth. He pushed her away from him and realized his tongue was burning.

“Did you enjoy my French kiss?” Maddox said.

Lucas was not able to speak.

She said, “I need your sins, fool.” She kissed him again and a portal appeared on the mirror. She pushed him towards it and he vanished.

She went outside and headed back to the dance floor. She danced again like there was no tomorrow. Another boy danced with her and she sensed he was a demon. She danced with him and she pulled him outside instead to the comfort room. She said, “Let’s do something dirty.”

“I’m Gregory.”

She replied, “Call me heaven.”

They went to the nearest hotel and they had sex. Maddox woke up in the middle of the night and put her clothes on, She grabbed her lighter and burned the bed where they boy was sleeping naked.

She said, “You’re not hot enough for me.” She remembered when she was ten, Juno raped her. She was hopeless, she tried to run but he was strong. She simply screamed.

She went out of the hotel and headed to her apartment. Before she even reached it, a tall man talked to her. His eyes were golden; his horns were vanished. He said, “Maddox,”

“What do you want from me?” Maddox said.

“I want you to go to the Horned Sisters’ party.” Juno said. “They will give you the first sword of the Seven Devils for exchange of gold bars and demon horns.”

She said, “Okay. What kind of party?”

“Masquerade party.”

She nodded. She continued walking towards her apartment and locked herself in there. She said, “My life sucks!”