O.B.W. Ch. 10

Now, sitting in the "more comfortable cell", I am finally able to relax, but not much. Alex has switched my original guard out with Jazique, the more civil of the two vampires. He had brought me some food, which, despite the fact that they might've drugged it, I ate it hungrily. Afterward, I realized my mistake as they would only bring me three meals a day with no second helpings. So by lunchtime I ate my food slower than I had last time.

  It is now dinner time, and Jazique comes in with a plate larger than usual. This puzzles me. Seeing my confusion, Jaz (as I will now call him, seeing as Jazique is too long of a name) explains.

  "I hid more food on here than normal because you'll need your strength for tonight. Alex is going to try to mark you again, and this time, you'll be awake when he does it." I tilt my head to the side in confusion. He chuckles."He'd had you sedated the last time he tried to mark you and had you tattooed on, young Arima. That is not the case this time." He hands me the food and steps away."Now eat up. I wouldn't want my favorite amusement to be hurt so easily by that mutt." He laughs and leaves the room, locking the door once he's outside.

  Sighing, I do as I'm told. Jaz and I have become . . . friends over the last three weeks. It was hard not to get along with him, even if he is a vampire."Men like my brother," He'd said a couple of days ago,"are the ones who ruin the reputations of entire species. No one race is completely evil, there are just individuals inside of that race that creates the evil image for all of their kind. Darian for vampires, and Alex for werewolves."

  I truly hope those words are true, because If so, me and my babies may have a fighting chance.

  Oh, please, God, let Mikha win this battle. For our babies, for me, and for everyone else who've ever suffered under the hand of Alpha Alex.