The beginning

"Friendship can be an excuse, a cover when there's something more you don't want to admit, or you're too scared to explore" ~Gossip Girl

Newt's POV

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I wasn't entirely convinced if our plan had been properly deliberated, even though we've discussed it over and over again.

"You've asked that question like ten thousand times already! Is my little Newtie chickening out?" Thomas burst out laughing and I tried to look as much offended as I could.

"Never mind. Besides, it is not me who is doing this for the first time."

"Doing what? Going on the best summer holidays with their best friend?"

"More like running away from home, that's what I meant." I attempted to sound seriously, but resulted the exact opposite.

"Yeah, thanks Newt, I am aware of that. And it's not like you're doing the same thing, because your parents surely let you go on a two-months trip around America and, what's more, they gave you loads of money to waste on parties, alcohol and drugs, am I right? Oh, and it's not like you've ever broken any law or..."

"Just slim it, Tommy." Now he wasn't the only one who couldn't stop laughing.

Even though I seemed excited, which I was of course, deep inside I felt little anxious. I've never done something like that to my parents. Sure, I left a note, which said they don't have to worry about me, but still that has to be really painful for them. I left without saying goodbye, we were still arguing about this trip. Eventually, when they decided I am not allowed to go, I grabbed my things and sneaked out through the window. Fortunately it wasn't that hard and a few minutes later I was sitting in Thomas' sister's car, safe and sound, riding to the bus station.

"What the shuck are you thinking about right now?" Thomas asked as we were still standing in the parking lot, taking care of our suitcases. "I couldn't reach you in like three minutes. I bet that was important."

"Not really." I had to make something up really quickly or else he would have noticed my concern. "I was just wondering where your sister is. I don't think buying tickets takes so much time."

"There she is! Teresa! Here!"

I eventually spotted a dark haired girl and waved to her, and so did Tommy. She noticed us immediately and run in our direction with lots of excitement. I realized she was carrying something much bigger than only bus tickets.

"I thought you'd get hungry over the trip so I bought you some snacks and stuff. Oh, and here're your tickets." She said handing us huge plastics bags and paper bills.

"Thanks, T. We're gonna miss you." Her brother squeezed her tight for a long time.

"Yeah, thanks for everything." I said hugging her and ruffling her thick dark hair. All in all, she was also like a sister to me.

"Ogay, ya shanks" She said trying to copy my British accent, in which she failed. "Your bus leaves in five minutes so you better get going. I love you both!"

"We love you, too." We said at the same time. Then the three of us giggled.

We headed to the vehicle and put our luggage in. I let Tommy first into to the bus and he picked places for us. I chose the window seat. After a while, when we both made ourselves comfortable, I felt that the engine was turned over and looked through the window. Teresa was still standing in the place we had left her, tears rolling down her cheeks, but with smile on her lips. When our eyes met, she made a movement as if she locked her mouth with a key and then she smirked. I glanced at Thomas and, like he was reading my mind, he spoke:

"I've always known we can count on her."

"I have no doubts."

And in that moment the vehicle started to drive away. I waved to Teresa, she did the same back. I was so ready to do this. To have some fun. Be free. Escape. I felt a big smile forming on my lips and I looked again at my best friend. But he had a different expression on his face. I would say... shocked. He had an open mouth and vacant sight. And then it hit me.

I realized I had grabbed his hand.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Okay, that's it! My first chapter of my first fanfiction! YAAAAAAAY!!

It wasn't that bad, was it?     *please say no, please say no, please say no*

I've never published any of my works on the internet and, to be totally honest, it's such an exciting thing to do, but also really terrifying. I don't know if I am good enough to write and share my stories with you, so let me know if you enjoyed this and if I should continue.

Anyway, thanks for reading it and giving it a try!

Stay Young and Beautiful xx