Misunderstanding

Newt's POV

I woke up when it started to get brighter outside, from what I saw on the electric clock it was 5:37 a.m. I was slightly surprised - I thought I had slept through the whole journey. I had such a wonderful dream, in which me and Tommy finally grew closer after what had happened almost a year ago and I really regretted waking up.

I realized I had been sitting in the same position for a couple of hours, my body stiffened and ached. I was trying to stretch myself when I felt something was blocking my left hand from moving. I turned my head in that direction and couldn't believe in what I saw. My hand was in Thomas' who held it tightly and was not about to let go. He looked so cute asleep, with open mouth, deeply breathing. His dark hair was in a big mess, strands all over his peaceful face. He looked almost like an angel. Shuck, Newt! - I thought to myself - what's wrong with you?

"Like what you see?" I nearly jumped at the unexpected question. Then I realized Thomas had taken his hand away to rub his eyes and I felt an unpleasant feeling of cold on my palm.

"Don't flatter yourself. You look like a really awful klunk. And I don't know if you're aware, but you snore. Loudly." None of this was quite true.

"No, I don't and no, I don't. Ask any of my ex-girlfriends, they said I'm adorable while..."

"Ugh, Tommy, save your sex-stories to yourself this time. By now I've known every single one by heart."

Even though I started to laugh with him, I couldn't help but feel slightly jealous. I have no idea where this emotion came from, it just appeared and I wasn't able to tight it.

Thomas wanted to say something, but was interrupted by the driver speaking to the microphone about a stopover on the petrol station in two minutes. I was so relieved at that time - I didn't know if my bladder could handle more minutes of delay. As soon as the vehicle stopped I was the first one by the door. Before I got off the bus I had heard Tommy asking if I wanted a coffee.

"Sure, that'd be great!" I shouted pelting to the toilet.

Fortunately, it was the one with cubicles, I am always very uncomfortable peeing with someone else right next to me. While doing my stuff I overheard a conversation between two unknown to me voices, men's I supposed. Normally, I don't do such things, but my attention was called when one of the speakers said:

"Yeah, I found it a very odd, don't you think? Two boys holding hands. In public!" He accented the last sentence.

"I wouldn't use the word 'odd' in here. To my mind it was just unusual, but not bad. Plus, they haven't done any harm to you, so what's the point? They were just sitting beside us on the bus."

"But they're two BOYS! Don't you get it? Boys! Even on vacations I am forced to be witness to such freaks of nature!"

"You're overreacting. They were just holding hands..."

"And sleeping on each other! They even gave each other stupid, pathetic nicknames like 'Newtie-cutie' or..."

I could feel tears forming in my eyes as I breathed heavily to calm down. I knew we shouldn't had done this, I had been warned once. A few seconds later I decided not to break down, but fight for myself instead. With gritted teeth and clenched hands I firmly kicked the door and stood face to face with this slinthead. I instantly recognized him, he looked me dead in the eye and had that mocking smirk on his lips. He stood there, arms crossed, while his friend or whoever he was tried to sway him from what he was up to do next.

"Just shut up, Gally." He said. "You're only going to make the situation worse.

"Listen, you jacked prat, I don't care if you are a homophobic asshole, as long as you keep it to yourself. But what you said before was awful and unacceptable and you bloody pissed me off. I don't know why are you so heavily involved in my life, because you don't even know me, but I personally recommend complying to your friend's advice and backing off. Oh, and so you know - we're not a couple."

I said everything fast, but explicitly, gradually increasing the volume of my voice. The boy, Gally, looked somehow frightened for a while, soon covered his emotions with provocative expression on his face.

"Fuck you." He said.

"Fuck you right back."

And with that I left the bathroom.

_____________________________________________________________________________

AAHHhh, Newt stands up for himself!!! Go, get the loo paper, cos shit just got real!

AND THE THIRD CHAPTER YAAY

Hope you enjoy this so far :)

Stay Young and Beautiful xx