Chapter 19: Prying

Ruby's POV:

Once again, I'm alone in complete shock at our recent conversation, how was I supposed to know what would tick him off?!

'He's an insane killer Ruby...'

"Did I ask you?!" I seethed to practically nothing.

"Sorry to interrupt your conversation, Ruby." I spun on my heel and was met with EJ.

He stood leaning against the door frame rigidly, "Whatever." I said irritated.

He didn't say anything about me talking to myself - not to mention he already witnessed it anyways.

"You'll be staying inside tonight." He stated and I shot him a confused look, "Slender's orders."

"I'm supposed to be training with Jeff." I huffed.

"How cute..? Remember, Jeff is a killer, he's insane and not right up there." He said pointing to his head, "Don't pester him with his past basically.. I'll see you later." He waved closing the door.

Now that made me even more curious.. I'm not an idiot! I know he's insane and I shouldn't pry on his past - it's probably what caused his insanity in the first place..

Now that I think about it, why am I here? Slender said it was something different? What could Jeff possible feel other then anger!?

"Impossible." I murmured laying my arm over my eyes as I laid down, "Utterly impossible."

I felt an involuntary tear slide down my cheek as I thought about the past events. Now that I have this chance to be by myself and actually think for one, I'm starting to realize how bizarre this all is. Mythical serial killer housed with a bunch of other mythical serial killers? How far gone in my nightmares have I gone?

Wait! A nightmare! That's what this has to be! Or maybe I hit my head so badly I'm in a coma?! This has to explain this - this madness! Why couldn't I just think straight before! Thankfully those things don't last long, I'll wake up soon - I just have to put up with this illusion.

I sighed with an odd feeling of content, why did I feel that way? Was I happy that this might be all over soon? Would it? ..Would I ever be woken up?

"Ruby!" My eyes shot open when I noticed that Slender had been shouting for the past five minutes.

I quickly stammered out of bed looking up more presentable I guess I could say?

"Sorry.." I murmured.

He didn't seem fazed a bit, just stood there with his expressionless face, "Tonight lock the door, no questions."

He left before I could push a question, - why did I need to lock up?