Chapter 3

"C-Christen? What are you doing here?" Julie stuttered but then crossed her arms on her chest. "You can text me if you was going to show up at my house." Christen scoffed, can't believe how Julie acted.

"What? I have to text you to tell you if I am going to your house? Julie, we are practically sisters and you don't mind if I walked into your house without knocking! Plus I send you tons of text messages to telling you we need to talk but no you ignored every text message I had sent! What did I do? Did I do something to make you pissed off at me.." Christen's voice cracked and she teared up. Julie's heart shattered at the sight and she looked away.

"I.. I can't tell you.." Julie muttered. "Julie.. please tell me what's wrong. I can't go a day without getting hurt by you. I can't handle it anymore. You're changing. I-I don't know who you are anymore." Christen's tears were streaming down on both her cheeks and Julie clenched her jaw. She hurts her and Morgan was right but it was for her own good.

"I am sorry." Julie finally looked at her and her all broken pieces shattered more pieces. Christen was crying in front of her. "So you don't want to be us as friends anymore?" Julie kept her mouth shut. "Are you saying our friendship was nothing to you?!" Christen shouted at her and Julie knew she deserved to be yelled at.

"It still do." Julie still remained calm because she had no rights to be mad at her but Christen do. "Then why are you pushing me away?!"

Julie just stared at her. Christen took a step forward to her. Julie tensed. "Julie.. please tell me now.. I can't lose you.."

"I can't!" Julie regretted for yelling at her right after Christen flinched. "Christen.. I am sorry but I just can't tell you." Julie's breath hitched in her throat as Christen took another step closer and their bodies were nearly touching. None of them bothered to move.

Julie stared at Christen's hazel eyes filled tears and gulped at how close they were. "What are you doing?" Julie barely whispered. Christen took a step back. "I just want to know what I did wrong."

"It's nothing, I was just thinking." Julie want to slap herself for saying that. Christen scoffed at her stupid excuse.

"Oh.. just thinking.. then how come you don't give a cold shoulder to our friends and teammates but me? You are avoiding me an-and you keep telling me to go with Hunt- what's wrong?" Christen saw Julie cringed a little when she mentioned the name of her boyfriend.

"N-nothing." Julie lied, "I better go inside and get some sleep. We have school tomorrow." Julie walked past her and closed the door behind her before Christen had the chance to say.

Christen now started to worrying. Did Hunter do something to Julie? What was going on between them? Christen stood there for a while then left the Johnstons.

-*-*-

After the practice, Christen politely told Morgan to leave them alone in the locker room, so they can have a talk in privately. Morgan gladly accepted her request and left because Morgan knew they need to have a talk.

She found her Julie was putting her shirt on by the locker.

"Julie." Julie tensed when she heard the voice she had fell in love with. Christen walked over to her.

Julie didn't say anything, ignoring her and trying to past her but Christen wasn't letting her to.

"What the fuck is going on between you and Hunter?" Christen said, and Julie shook her head, "I can't."

"Well we will be here for a while." Christen crossed her arms on her chest.

There were a silence moment between them for more than 15 minutes and Julie can't take it anymore.