16

"Who was Kenzie?"

Her brain works for half a second, completely blanking before she inhales a sharp breath at the realization.

"H-how...How do you know that name?"

Camila nervously plays with her fingers as she thinks over her next words. "I've heard you and the girls mention it a couple times..."

Lauren quickly sits up straighter, trying her best to compose herself. "Why're you suddenly asking this, babe?"

"Because I think I talked to her on campus today."

The green eyed girl rapidly sits up straighter as she listens to her words.

"You...? That-that's not possible," Lauren nervously stands up, beginning to pace. "She's in Ohio." Lauren mumbles more so to herself as her hands anxiously tug at the roots of her hair.

"Lauren," Camila sighs as she gets up, starting to follow behind her pacing girlfriend as she traces the living room.

"Babe," Camila tries to get the girls attention.

Camila quickly begins to feel frustrated over the fact that she can't get her attention. "Lo!" Camila snaps, whipping the green eyed girl around in Camila's arms. Her emerald orbs are wide with shock but she instantly relaxes into the smaller girls reassuring grip.

"Quit running away from me and talk to me," Camila weakly whispers as she lowers them back onto the couch.

"Please don't think that," Lauren begs, pulling Camila into her. The younger girl wraps her legs around Lauren's waist as they gently rest their foreheads against each other. "I would never run from you. I just needed a second to get my thoughts together." Lauren shakily explains as she wraps her arms around Camila's waist. "Tell me what she said first?" Lauren asks referring to her earlier conversation with Kenzie.

Camila inhales a deep breath. "She said she was looking for you...and that she made a big mistake and she wanted to try and fix it."

The smaller girl could easily tell that Lauren was panicking but what bothered Camila was that she didn't exactly know what she was panicking about. The depth of the situation worried her.

"Now talk to me baby." Camila whispers as she threads her hands through the hair at the base of Lauren's neck.

Lauren sighs, playing with the hem of Camila's top as she got her thoughts together.

"Kenzie..." Lauren sighs, totally ditching her jumbled thoughts and just saying what gets said. "Kenzie's my ex girlfriend."

"I figured that much," Camila nervously laughs as she thinks over how beautiful the girl was.

"She was the first time that I've ever been...serious with a girl. She was my first relationship. Like my first serious relationship."

"You were in love with her?"

"I wouldn't go that far...I thought I was at the time but that wasn't love, it couldn't have been."

"What makes you so sure?" Camila curiously questions as she looks across Lauren's features. She watches her mouth slightly part but quickly shut again as if she was taking back the words that were on the tip of her tongue.