Part Four :: A Coloring

Please, feel free to vote, comment, and follow! ^u^

____________________________________

Itsuo woke up to the sound of his ears ringing.

It seems that I got on the couch somehow... he thought.

Suddenly the AI walked delicately over to him, holding a glass of water.

"A man named Charles said that I should give you this when you wake up."

She handed him the glass.

Itsuo slowly sat upright on the couch. It seemed that again his house had gotten cleaner.

"Charles for some reason thought I would want to color. I told him I would wait for you to wake up though," she added.

"Where is he now?" asked Itsuo. The AI handed him a warm cloth for his head.

"He's looking around the house for some headache relief. I told him he should if he wanted to do anything helpful for once." She gazed down the hallway. 

"He seems to not be very useful so far... "

All of a sudden Charles entered the living room.

Charles was a bit tall, and had somewhat ruffled brown hair. He was in his thirties, and wore a face of relief. He ran over to the couch.

"Change that statement," she said.

"I'm so sorry!" he exclaimed. "When you said you wanted me to bring something to knock someone out, I could only assume there was a robber or something. And the crashing in the background only rose my suspicions."

"And that basically means," said the AI "that he accidentally knocked you out"

He handed Itsuo some headache relief medicine. Then crouched down to the AI.

"You know little girl, you can go ahead and color in that book I took out." He smiled.

The AI just looked at him, bored. "Well," she started "if that is your command."

She took the glass and left to the kitchen.

"Hey, Itsuo..." Charles whispered "who is that girl anyway? A neighbor? I've been trying to get her to play or something while I work, but she's always trying to do something helpful. She's also extremely stern"

Ohh... thought Itsuo, how am I going to explain this to him?

Itsuo removed the cloth from his head. "Ahm, Charles," he started "I think it would take awhile to explain, so would you want to meet up at a cafe somewhere and talk about it?"

After a few minutes of discussing it, they decided on meeting later that week for coffee.

Charles frowned. "Well... I suppose we could do something like that..." Suddenly the AI came back into the room.

"Two things," she said. "First, here's your drawing-"

She abruptly took out and showed him the page she had colored.

It was a unicorn. But instead of being childly colored in, it was shaded in delicate deep strokes, and the grass in the background looked oddly realistic.

Itsuo gasped. Oh no, he thought.

Charles only left his mouth gaping open though. There was a short silence, and then the girl broke it by saying, "Second, you should stop using the word 'something' so much. You sound as if your linguistically challenged. Or something"

Then she walked back off to the kitchen. Not long after, you could here her loading dishes into the dish-washer.

Charles still had his mouth gaped open. But instead of staring at the drawing, he was just staring into space, towards where she had been standing.

Itsuo shifted nervously in his seat. "Ahm, I really think you should get going now Charles,"

Itsuo got up and started to lead him to the door. Charles just walked where he led him, still frozen in surprise. 

"wha... bu.." He only stuttered. 

"I'll see you on Wednesday at the cafe on main street, okay Charles? Bye then"

He led him outside and then shut the door behind him.

Itsuo turned around and gasped at the AI standing in front of him in the entryway.

"You know," she started "you really shouldn't leave him like that. It's sort of rude. Last time you hung up on him, and now you just pushed him out the door. Your acting somewhat presumptuous."

Then she left towards the kitchen again.

This time it was Itsuo who was gaping. 

What did I get myself into... he thought.

_______________________________________________________________

Remember to feel free to vote, comment, and follow! ^u^