Part Five :: Name

Please, feel free to vote, comment, and follow! ^u^

____________________________________

Itsuo woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. The AI had been quite busy since coming to his home.

Just yesterday it told him that his house was much less clean then the company lab which she came from.

He sat up on the couch, his head still aching slightly from a few days before. It seemed that Charles had hit him quite harder than he thought.

He stood up and headed to the kitchen. 

The AI was standing on a stool, reading a recipe book and cooking at the same time.

It seems that she really does need to learn things... he thought.

Itsuo walked over to the counter and grabbed a seasoning shaker and set it in front of the AI.

"I always like to put this into my eggs. It gives it a nice flavor." She stared at him for a few moments.

"Alright, if you wish" she responded, starting to put the seasoning on.

Itsuo had realized since getting her that she really liked to do things on her own. She was also a fast learner, which was pretty impressive.

Itsuo suddenly thought of something.

"Hey, AI" he said, "Would it be okay if I gave you a name? It would be better than just calling you AI all the time. Also people might get suspicious..."

She again looked up from her cooking. "I suppose."

She continued to cook as Itsuo tried to think of a name. He automatically started to think of Japanese names, but then thought it would be better to think of an american one.

Maggy, Lea, Isabelle, Eva, what can I name her?

He left the kitchen and headed to his computer room.

It was in one of the doors to the right in the hallway, past the living room. 

There were about three different computers on a few tables in the room, surrounded by chords and papers. Itsuo's job was a site and blog maker. Or just in general a programmer.

He turned on the computer in the middle, and it woke up fast. He opened up the internet and looked up, popular girl names.

As he went through the names, one stuck out from the rest.

April.

Suddenly, he felt sadness overcome him. He quickly scrolled down to names with the letter C at the beginning, past the A section, ignoring the feelings.

Suddenly feeling normal again, by finding a good unique name, he put the computer to sleep and headed to the kitchen.

And then walked to the dining area where the food and the AI were sitting.

He sat down on the opposite end of the table as the AI so they could see each other well, and then started to eat. The AI nibbled on the food.

She could only eat small amounts of food it seemed, but oddly she actually used the restroom. Itsuo decided that after breakfast he should probably look up in the manual why...

"I found you a good name" he said. As Itsuo started to eat, she responded, "Really? Does it start with the letter A?"

Itsuo paused, remembering the name that had brought back sad memories.

"Is something wrong?" asked the AI.

"Ahm, no, it's nothing." he said quickly. "Actually, the name I found you is Constance."

She looked up at him for a few moments. "Alright" she answered.

Itsuo always assumed when she had those quiet moments, she was registering something. Like, saving information in her brain. Or, whatever it was called that was her brain. A mother board?

Itsuo continued eating. "Itsuo," Constance suddenly said "Remember that your supposed to meet Charles at the cafe in a few days"

"Oh!" he exclaimed. "I completely forgot! I'll have to write that down somewhere..."

At that moment, someone rang the doorbell.

_______________________________________________________________

Remember to feel free to vote, comment, and follow! ^u^