Chapter 41

Harry blasted the heat in his car as he drove back quickly to his place. The rain pelted loudly against the windshield and my teeth were chattering against the cold. We reached Harry's house quickly and he ran over to my side to open the door and help me out. Harry opened the front door swiftly before pushing me inside into the warm ambiance.

He took my bag off of my back and wrapped his arms around me, trying to warm me up.

"Go take a warm shower, I'll get you some dry clothes to change into, then we'll talk, okay?" I nodded my head weakly.

Harry led me upstairs and into his bathroom where he turned the water on for me before he left the room. I stripped down as quickly as I could out of my soaking wet clothes and got into the hot shower. The heat causing goose bumps to form all over my skin, it felt nice. I didn't want to be in here too long because I really wanted to talk with Harry but I found it hard to budge underneath the relaxing heat.

I rinsed out my cold hair and rubbed under my eyes to take away all my smudged mascara, then turned the water off and grabbed a towel Harry had left on the rack. I dried off quickly and stepped out through the wrong door because I was now in Harry's room.

There was a pile of clothes on the bed, which I'm guessing were for me so I changed into them. He left out a pair of boxers, some sweatpants and one of his t-shirts. I hung my towel back up on the rack after I was done and walked downstairs into the living room.

Harry had changed as well and he was now wearing some sweatpants and a big sweater. Harry got up as soon as he noticed me and right when I was about to question where he was going, he came back with a big fluffy blanket and wrapped it around me.

"Thank you." I muttered. Harry nodded. We sat back down on the couch and Harry sighed while clasping his hands together.

"So what do you want to know?" I thought about it in the shower and I think for now this is what I wanted to know the most.

"Who's James, and why does he seem to hate you so much?" Harry sighed again.

"You sure this is what you want to know?" He asked and I nodded. Harry ran his hands down his face and groaned quietly into them.

"Okay... well it's a long story and I want you to know that this happened three years ago, when I first moved to California." Harry stated before starting. I nodded and turned a bit on the couch so I was facing him better, giving him my full attention.

"James and I used to be mates, acquaintances at most. He had a brother named Theo how would always shit on me for selling drugs and smoking. You know me, so you know that it never bothered me, I couldn't care less about what this guy said or thought about me."

"One night, the three of us went to a bar and we got piss drunk, like I couldn't even see straight. So I went outside for some air, thought it might sober me up a little. Theo apparently followed me out and he started yelling things at me, calling me a crack head. Said I would never amount to shit and that's when it got to me. I thought, 'I'm going to teach this guy a fucking lesson.' So I punched him square in the nose and that was it. He fell straight onto his face and he was out cold on the concrete while blood literally poured out form his nose and onto the ground." Harry shook his head at the thought. I could clearly see that this was haunting him.

"James eventually came outside to see where we were and found his brother unconscious on the ground. I told him he tripped on his feet on the way through the door and fell flat on his face. He believed me because it all happened so fast. An ambulance showed up and took him to the hospital. He's been in a coma for three years and every fucking day that I pass James in the halls or anywhere, all I can see is Theo."