Chapter 6

A/N: I just realized I change Mr. Smith to Professor Smith in this chapter, and I changed chapter 5, but I'm too lazy to change the rest lol.
________________________
Don't blink?

"Professor-"

"Do as I say, Hermione!" And he was gone.

I stare at the statue until my eyes begin to burn and water. How long am I supposed to do this? When was Professor Smith coming back?

I will myself not to blink; I start winking each eye to reduce the watering and the burn instead. If what the professor said is true, that is no statue.

Before I know it, it becomes dark, but the statue still stands. I thought Professor Smith said he was going to defeat it or whatever?

Just then I hear the door swing open and I turn to see who it was.

"Miss Granger, don't take your eyes off it!!"

I look back quickly. "Professor...."

"What?!"

"It's gone."

"Bloody hell. Oh no oh no oh no, this is bad."

"Professor Smith, could you please tell me what is going on?"

He turns slowly and looks up at me. "That creature," he says, "is called a Weeping Angel."

"But what is it?"

"We'll let me clear this by saying it's not a statue. Not really, at least. It's a creature, a living creature, but when you look at it it turns to stone. It's its defense."

"Why do I have to stare at it then?"

"Think of it logically. When you're staring at it, it's not going to move. When you blink, for a split second you aren't looking at it, and that gives it time to move. It can travel very far in less than a second."

"What's so bad about it moving?" I ask.

".....the Weeping Angel...when it touches you...it'll send you back in time....and you can never get back..." He runs a hand through his hair.

"So how do you stop it?" I say, starting to panic.

"You can't, really. You just have to keep looking at it, keep the lights on, stay inside, windows and doors shut....or keep running."

"Is that what you're doing? Running?"

"Miss Granger, I think you should go back to your dormitory."

I swallow, nod, and walk out of his mystical office. There was something he wasn't sharing, but I'm not sure he wants to share it at all.