Chapter 3

Throughout the week I attended each class (obviously). Ms. Pond knew what she was teaching us, though she hasn't cast a single spell.

Today is Friday, which means it's our first day going to Astronomy. The class started at 10:00, so at fifteen till, Ginny and I head up to the Astronomy tower. We are two of the earliest people to arrive; there are only 3 other people there when we get there. We walk up the stairs, and there sits Mr. Smith at a desk, his legs set on table. He throws his arms up in greeting.

"Welcome!" he says. "Take a seat wherever you'd like." He grins. I take a seat in the front row as I do in every class, and Ginny takes the seat behind me.

"Let me see," Mr. Smith says suddenly. He strokes an imaginary beard. "Aren't you-"

"Hermione Granger," I cut him off.

"Yes, that's it." He nods slowly. He's a strange teacher.

The rest of the class files in after a couple minutes. Mr. Smith stands quickly and walks over to stand in front of his desk.

"Astronomy," he says. "Astronomy, Astronomy, Astronomy... Astronomy... tell me, what is Astronomy?"

My hand shoots up from habit.

"Miss Granger?"

"Astronomy is a branch of science that deals with celestial objects, space, and the physical universe as a whole."

"Perfect. Ten points to Gryffindor."

+-+-+-+-+

"I find that Mr. Smith a bit odd, don't you?" Ginny asks.

"Yeah," I say, "but he seems to know what he's teaching."

"Can I tell you something?" she whispers.

"What?"

She leans over and whispers in my ear. "He's hot."

"Ginny!"

"What! Don't you agree?"

I feel my face flush crimson. "Why would I? I'm dating Ron, and you're dating Harry! Don't go checking out other guys!"

"It's not like I would have a chance with Mr. Smith anyway," she says. "You know. It's sorta like a celebrity crush: you don't exactly like like them, you just think they're hot."

I roll my eyes. "You're crazy."

She gasps dramatically. "That's absurd!"

I laugh. But maybe she's right. Even if I'm dating Ron - I actually like Ron - it doesn't hurt to just look at a guy and think "Oh, he's hot."

But he's a teacher. That's a totally inappropriate relationship. I shake my head.

"I'm going to bed," I say. "Goodnight Ginny. And stop fantasizing!"

The last thing I hear while I climb the stairs is a mimicking voice from the common room.

A/N: I agree with Ginny