Chapter 1

I hurry onto the platform as quick as I can; Harry and Ron were holding me up, Ron especially, and I only had two minutes until the train left King's Cross Station.

"Hermione, hold on!" whines Ron. I sigh, and turn back around. "One last kiss," he says.

"You've said that three times now," I say. But I kiss him anyway. Ron and I have grown closer since the Battle of Hogwarts, though we've only been together for about three months.

"Okay, Ronald. No more kisses, I have to get on the train. Promise you'll write?" I say.

"Of course, Mione. And come to the Burrow for Christmas!"

"You can count on it!"

"Hermione, let's go!" cries Ginny.

"Aren't you going to say goodbye to Harry?" I ask.

"I already did," she snaps. "Several times."

Ginny and Harry have also been together for a while now. This will be Ginny's seventh year at Hogwarts as well as mine, because Ron, Harry, and I had skipped out to go looking for horcruxes the previous year. As for Ron and Harry...they think they're too good to go back to finish their education, but for me, my education is everything. Besides Ron; Ron is my other everything. I want to be able to qualify for a good job in the Ministry, so I'm going back for my final year.

Ginny and I board the train and find an empty compartment and put our trunks overhead. I open the window right as the train jerks forward, and Ginny and I wave madly at the boys until they're out of sight.

"You excited, Hermione?" Ginny asks.

I grin at her. "You bet."

A/N: aaaaaand the first chapter. as a lot of my readers know, my chapters are extremely short, but I'll try to make a LOT of chapters. vote and comment!