| Chapter One |

Chapter One

I walked down the small path towards the ocean with a basket full of clothes that needed to be washed. I was preparing myself for a trip to Florida. I would be leaving my home in less than a week. I poured water onto the clothes and let them soak as I took out the soap. I was scrubbing one of my shirts and thought of how happy I would be really soon. This was all new to me and I don't know what to expect but I would keep positive thoughts. Everyday I would just think about how life would be soon and why I was going. Of course I'll miss it here in Haiti but sometimes you have to move on to better things and it wasn't the best for me and my family here.

I finished up my washing and grabbed my basket once again. Not much people were out since it was kinda early, 8:00 AM to be exact. I liked it this way, much more peaceful and it made me admire my country more each day. I loved it here in Haiti, it was my home, but I needed something different in my life. I started back walking towards my house, pulling the gates open.

My brother was still sleeping and my mom was somewhere in the house. I hanged up my clothes in the backyard and went to my room. It was time to take a bath anyway so I got undressed and got into the shower. After my bath I changed into my grey maxi dress and put on my flip flops. I opened my laptop and logged on to Meetme.com, this site let's everyone around the world meet new people. I noticed had a notification and instantly smiled once I seen who it was from. It was from Christopher, my boyfriend, telling me good morning and how he can't wait to see me.

He was the first person I met on this site and we had became close. He was the best friend that I could tell anything too, even though we didn't live in the same place. He was different from a lot of boys I've actually met and I grew feelings for him. I still remember the day he asked me to be his...

I was sitting down listening to the radio, computer by my side, waiting for Chris to come online so we could chat when a message had popped up on my screen.

Chris: You know I love you right?

Bianca: Yeah..

Chris: I love you so much..That I want you to be mine. Will you?

Bianca: I don't understand

Chris: Do you want to be my girlfriend?

I stared at the question being asked to me. I never thought that me of all people, would be asked this.

I'm just a Haitian Girl.

________________________ 

- Didn't proofread so excuse errors