Evolution of the Daleks

Hoo boy. I'm ready for the weekend.

What happens when the Doctor and the Alchemist get involved with Dalek affairs? Easy: the Doctor is a bozo, the Alchemist knows it, and she loves him anyway. ;)

Enjoy "Evolution of the Daleks!"

***

"These humans will become like me," Sec declared as the Doctor snuck off. "Prepare them for hybridization."

"Not a good idea," the Alchemist said, stepping forward and taking her watch off.

Immediately, the Dalek nearest to her shot backwards. "Alert!" it cried. "It is the Alchemist!"

"Oh, so you remember me," she smirked. "Good. I remember you lot as well. Someone else does, too."

As if on cue, a radio song started playing. "What is that sound?" Sec asked, looking around.

The Doctor poked his head out from behind some of the equipment. "Ah, well, now, that would be me," he answered, setting the radio he held down and walking over to the Alchemist. "Hello, surprise, boo, et cetera."

"Doctor," Sec greeted.

"The enemies of the Daleks!" one Dalek shouted.

"Exterminate!" the other called.

"Wait," Sec ordered, raising a hand.

"Got to admit it, I'm fascinated," the Alchemist examined Sec up close. "A new form of Dalek. That's pretty clever."

"The Cult of Skaro escaped your slaughter," Sec said.

"In our defense, you kind of had it coming."

"How did you end up in 1930?" the Doctor asked.

"Emergency temporal shift."

The Alchemist grimaced. "Oh, I understand that bit. And I know it roasted up your power cells. I mean, that Dalek that was in Utah was overwhelmed easily."

"Time was, four Daleks could have conquered the world," the Doctor mused. "But instead, you're skulking away, hidden in the dark, experimenting . . . all of which results in you."

"I am Dalek in human form," Sec answered.

"What does it feel? You can talk to me, Dalek Sec . . . it is Dalek Sec, isn't it? That's your name? You've got a name and a mind of your own. Tell me what you're thinking right now."

"I feel . . . humanity," Sec answered, looking away, deep in thought.

"Good," the Doctor nodded. "That's good."

"I feel everything we wanted from mankind," Sec turned back. "Which is ambition, hatred, aggression, and war . . . such a genius for war."

"That, on the other hand," the Alchemist pointed at him, "is not good."

"No, that's not what humanity means," the Doctor shook his head.

"I think it does," Sec countered. "At heart, this species is so very Dalek."

"All right," the Doctor turned, walking over to his radio. "So what have you achieved, then, which this Final Experiment, eh? Nothing! Because I can show you what you're missing with this thing. A simple little radio."

"What is the purpose of that device?" one of the Daleks asked.

"Well, exactly," the Doctor smiled. "It plays music."

"You might ask yourselves what the point of that is, but there is so much," the Alchemist smiled. "You can dance to it, sing with it, fall in love to it - "