A/N

Hello! And welcome my unreasonably long Author's Note (which I will ask kindly that you please read.)

So (obviously) I am a huge fan of Death Note, and MattxMello is literally my otp, so eventually I started writing little dribbles and blurbs and this came together. There's no real order to it, but the first few chapters are in the actual form of the novel, and the formatting loosens up a bit after that.

On a side note, I wrote/thought of most of these things at 2am on my laptop after finishing death note (the manga) and suffering majorly from the feels/ fandom-withdraw, so don't expect it so be really good or anything. It's pretty rough and unedited (with the exception of the first few chapters/any other chapters written in formal novel format)

God, I do wish I could stop crying over them.

Also, I inserted a lot of cute fanart I found online throughout the fic, and I just want to make it clear that none of it is mine. I did not drawl any of the featured drawling. The pic I used for the cover I found on Tumblr. all creds go to the artists, whomever they may be.

All the numbers and letters and things might get a little confusing so: the first number in the chapter's title is the chapter number. the number in italics at the beginning of the chapter is their (matt and mello's) age. so yeah.

I guess I should state a few disclaimers first: I DO NOT own Death Note, nor do I own the rights to any of it's characters or it's plot. this is literally just a fanfic.

also, warning for the following things: mature language/subject matter, sexual themes/content (not too trashy or anything, but still don't read if you're Near's age) trigger warning for substance abuse (alcoholism) and for graphic violence. don't read if any of those things disturb you.

also, i would like the address that this is mattxmello ONLY so please don't go all crazy and comment a paragraph about how MelloxNear is better than MattxMello, because that's your opinion, and quite frankly i don't really care.

also there's probably going to be a shitload of spelling/grammar mistakes in here because, as I've stated earlier, I didn't even edit this thoroughly so.

okay i think i'm done. thank you if you actually read all that (I know i said "also" a lot above.) honestly, i highly doubt anyone will even read this, but if you wanna leave a vote/comment they're very much appreciated. Or if you just want someone to fangirl over death note with. I update regularly on Fridays.

anyway thankkk youuu so much for bearing with me and i hope you enjoy!