8 // fifteen

Mello was gone the next day, slightly sore and more than a little mortified.

Matt had never been a heavy sleeper, but vodka weighs hefty on the unconscious mind. Mello knew Matt had a lot to think about, and that he should leave him to it, anyway. He could have sat in presence of alcohol all day just thinking about the path ahead. It was a gravel road, bumpy and hazardous. Not easy to come by. Mello had met with the man in black a dozen or so days ago. Other than wardrobe, the two had much in common. And an agreement was made; if what Mello had said was true, and he could get his hands on that notebook, he could have countless of the Mafia's men at his disposal. This was the part where Mello stopped walking. This was the part where he was going to stop half-mindedly titter-tottering like a little bitch and finally break into a sprint for Kira's neck. It was the only way.

Matt wasn't going to like it. Matt wasn't coming along. He couldn't; it didn't work that way. You don't play basketball with your most valuable vase and hope it doesn't get broken.

The Mafia's safe-house was a long drive on Mello's motorcycle. It wasn't terribly glamorous, but who needs glamour when you've got guts? Most of the men there we're pinheads. Punks and perps. Most of these men laughed at Mello - laughed at the long-haired, bright-eyed five-foot boy with bruised skin and a story to tell. But after his claims about his relations to the oh-great-and-glorious detective L, they shut their mouths so hard their teeth rattled.

"My beliefs are that there are two notebooks floating around out there," Mello cracked each of his knuckles individually as he spoke "one in Kira's possession, and one with the police forces. We...are going to take both of them."

Signed, sealed, and delivered. Sold.

"I. Want. Kira's. Head."

A/N: mello is badass but matt is more badass tbh

i saw this death note theory online the other day stating that matt, in fact, was actually the most intelligent of wammy's children, but wasn't recognized for it or chosen to be L's successor because of his lack of motivation. apparently, this was the only thing holding him back, and if he'd chipped in on the kira case earlier, light would've been caught much sooner possibly saving L's life...? i hope this is true; i like the idea of matt being more intellectual.

honestly, i really want a spin-off series about wammy's or at least bout the BB murder case files like please matt only got three minitues of screen time and he was such an important character. without mello, kira would've won, but mello needed a diversion.

anyway, as always, thank you for reading ! i appreciate it so much! comment feedback down below and leave a vote if you feel like it (?)

happy friday lovlies!