Chapter 10- Lunch Date

When we got out of the store, Scotty said that he was going to go home and change out of his work uniform and then he would pick me up at my house. He gave me a quick kiss, and then helped me into my car. Before he could walk away I asked, "Can we go to 'Bojangles'?" He smiled and replied, "Where else would we go?" I laughed and then watched as he walked back to his car.

             I arrived at home and quickly took the milk and bread into the house and gave it to my mom. "You look like you just won a million bucks." She said to me smiling, "In fact you have been too happy. I thought you hated Garner." It took me a minute to process what she just said, then I replied, "It's like you always said mom, you will like it if you get use to it. I think the people here are pretty cool." "Like Scotty?" She said with a huge smile on her face. "Yes mom. Like Scotty." I said smiling back. We talked a little longer, where I told her that Scotty asked me to be his girlfriend. Surprisingly, she approved. This is amazing. I mean even my mom likes him. Right then my dad walked into the kitchen. "I approve." He said smiling. That's my dad. The eavesdropper. "Good." I said smiling, "Because Scotty and I are going out for lunch. In fact, he should be here in about 15 minutes to pick me up." I helped my mom put the stuff away, and then I headed up to my room to put the gum that I bought in my drawer. Before I walked back downstairs, I got a text from Scotty that read: " I am on my way can't wait to see you. " I smiled at the text as I looked on my dresser, where I found the foul ball that Scotty gave to me.

                The doorbell rang and I quickly hopped down the steps to answer the front door. I opened it and saw Scotty standing there in dark blue jeans, and a red plaid button down shirt. He looked amazing. "Ready to go?" He said smiling. "Yep." I replied yelling into the house, "Bye mom and dad. I'll be home later." I closed the door and Scotty grabbed my hand and walked me out to his truck. "I thought you drove a car." I said laughing. "That is only for long drives, it's my mom's car, and she doesn't trust my truck to go that far." He replied grinning. "So your telling me that this truck may break down?" I asked staring him down. "Well...." He said trying not to laugh at my face I was making at him. "All I am going to say," I interrupted, "Is that I am not going to be the one pushing if it was to break down." I said teasing him. "Don't worry." he said looking into my eyes and smiling, "A true gentleman would not even let you step outside the truck if it breaks down."  I stared into his eyes for the longest time, and then we leaned closer and we kissed.

           I don't know how long we were actually connected, but it was long enough for my brother, who I didn't notice was standing there to say, "Eww. Don't you two have to go eat?" I guess Scotty didn't notice him either, for we both pulled back and started laughing. And surely enough my brother was standing there with some of his friends, wearing shorts, a t-shirt, a baseball cap, and a baseball mitt and ball in his hand. "You play?" He asked noticing my brother's ball glove. I guess Scotty was pretty popular around here for all the kids around him whispered 'Scotty McCreery just talked to him!'. "Yah. I play." He replied looking up at Scotty. "What position?" Scotty asked him crouching down to his level. "Pitcher." He said trying to look tough. "Really?" Scotty said trying not to laugh, "I pitch too." "I know," my brother replied, "You play for the Trojans. I heard that you are the top pitcher." Scotty laughed and then told the group that he had a game tomorrow and that they were all welcome to come and watch him pitch. He also offered to come over and work with my brother on his pitching. Some of my brother's friends were holding pictures of Scotty pitching and a sharpie marker for him to sign. I was surprised at the way that all the kids looked up to him. And I watched as he signed the pictures with a smile on his face, and it turns out he is great with kids.

                     After signing all the pictures, the kids asked him to throw out the first pitch to their own little put together baseball game. "I don't know," He replied looking up at me and smiling, "I think Ali here is getting tired of waiting for me." "Ali pleassssseeeeee." said all the boys begging me to let him throw the pitch. "Why not?" I replied smiling back at Scotty who took my hand and walked me out to the pitchers mound which was a little dirt area in the field of grass. I stood next to the pitchers mound and watched as Scotty threw out the first pitch. He high fived the boys, who had the biggest smiles on their faces. After saying goodbye to all of the kids, Scotty grabbed my hand and led me to his truck, where he helped me in, started the truck and backed out of the driveway.