Intro

When people talk about the loves of their lives, that's Jane. How can you love someone, and not be able to be with them? How will I survive without my best friend?

Jane's Point Of View:

Maura is my best friend and I don't like seeing my best friend hurt. Maura is happy she has everything she could ask for. She has a son Jacob, and a fiancé Dennis Rockmond. I get bad vibes from Dennis. They got engaged way to fast, three months after dating, Dennis asked Maura to marry her. Well at least they waited another 2 months before the wedding. Dennis and Maura met a four weeks after Maura had Jacob. I have had feelings for Maura for a long time, and I guess I will never get my chance to tell her. Maura's wedding is in two weeks and she has been stressing a lot. Jacob is like a son of my own, in a way. I will do anything for him.

I walked into Maura's house and I was greeted by Jacob crawling over to me. I picked him up, and kissed his cheek.
"Hey sweetie." I said and he started babbling. I walked further into Maura's house, and saw Maura making dinner.
"Hey Jane." she said
"Hey Maur." I said and walked over to her.
"Are you hungry?" Maura asked
"Starving." I replied, then Dennis walked in.
"Hey Jane." She said
"Hi." I said and he wrapped his hands around Maura's waist and kissed her cheek.
"Jane why don't you stay for dinner?" Dennis asked
"No I don't want to intrude." I said
"You wouldn't be, please." Maura said
"Okay." I agreed.

I was sitting on the couch with Jacob in my lap, when Dennis came over.
"I can take him, so I can get him ready for bed." He said holding his arms out for Jacob. I handed Jacob to him, and he started fussing and reaching out for me.
"It's okay, come on it's time for bed." He said as he walked away. Maura came over and sat next to me.
"Dinner will be ready in a few minutes. Can you help me set the table?" Maura asked
"Sure." I said following her into the kitchen. I set the table and helped Maura put the food on the table.

About five minutes later, Dennis walked out and took a seat next to Maura.
"Jacob is sound asleep." He said
"Thank you." Maura said and she leaned in and kissed him on the lips.
"So...how's the wedding plans coming along?" I asked interrupting their "moment"
"Good. We just have some last minute preparations." Dennis said as he grabbed Maura's hand. We mostly ate in silence except from little giggles coming from Maura and Dennis every once and a while.
"Well, dinner was great. Thank you guys. I better get going." I said
"Okay thank you for joining us." Maura said. I nodded my head and walked out.

Maura's Point Of View:

I was doing the dishes while Dennis was in the shower, when I heard Jacob crying. I wiped my hands and walked into his room. I picked him up, and sat in the rocking chair.
"Shh it's okay." I said and he wouldn't stop crying.
"Are you hungry?" I asked and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a blue bottle and made him a bottle. I heated the bottle up checked the temperature before heading back into the nursery. I took a seat on the rocking chair and fed my son his bottle while rocking him.

What if this whole thing is a mistake? I only met Dennis six months ago. I barely know him...and I love Jane. I hope am I doing the right thing. For all I know Dennis could turn out to be a deranged serial killer. I don't know if I'm falling in love with Dennis or just the idea of being in love. I don't know if I am ready for marriage. Jacob is only five months old. What if he gets attached to Dennis and this marriage doesn't work out? How could I do that to Jacob? Even tho Dennis isn't his biological father, Dennis still acts like he is his biological father. Then there will be custody battles over Jacob when really Dennis isn't related to him. I just hope this is the right choice. I can't screw up another relationship.