Chapter 6

"They're not mine" I mumble as I make my way to the fridge to grab an ice cold bottle of AJ. Dirk walks over to Jake and whispers something to him, I'm assuming that's something like 'they're his boyfriends' or something along the lines of that. Jake laughs and i go to grab an AJ, God damnit! We're all out. Looks like I'm gonna have a nice bottle of disappointment instead. I take the bottle out of the fridge and unscrew the lid, the smell of orange juice  filling my nose. I down it and decide to video call Egbert. I walk upstairs, taking two steps at a time, I get into my room, shut the door, started up my computer and then message John on Pesterchum
--turntechGodhead [TG] began pestering ectoBiologist [EB] at 17:16--
[TG]: Duuuuuuude
[EB]: Whaaaaaaat?
[TG]: I stole your shorts
[EB]: and I stole yours
[TG]: want yours back?
[TG]: I don't really care either way
About five minutes passed and no reply from John then my computer beeped, notifying me that I had a message.
[EB]: sorry my dad came into my room telling me how proud he was of me
[EB]: but yeah, I'm fine, you keep 'em yours are comfy.
[TG]: Alrighty then.
[EB]: Duuuuuuuude
[TG]: yeah?
[EB]: we should Skype
[TG]: we should.
I get a Skype notification telling me that the dorky kid wants to call. I accept, pressing the small green button to pick up. I'm greeted by a dorky, floofy haired boy who is cheerily smiling at me. We talk for hours about nothing in particular and at one point John actually fell off his chair laughing. "I should go Dave, I have English homework to do"
I frown but say my goodbyes anyway

It's now 10:30pm, the call lasted hours, it was to say the least, cool. I've known this kid days, yet already he's one of the closest friends I've ever had. I don't know what it is about him. He's unique, in the sense that I've never met someone with such a cheery attitude to most things, even in the random kinda awkward silences he seems to emits an aura of joy. But when he's unhappy it's the most horrible feeling in the world. Like you've just stood on a puppy.
I flop on my bed, thoughts of nothing relevant fill my head and linger there until I fall asleep.
/John's PoV\
I wake up and prepare myself for school with my normal routine then go downstairs. Dads already left for work. I decide I'll walk to school today, it's really sunny. I feel like today's gonna be a good day. Dad suggested I should join a club and I think I will, probably theatre. Acting is pretty fun because I can be really dramatic and actually be myself with out actually getting judged! I leave the house, locking the door behind me and begin walking. I decide to take the more attractive route through the woods. I walk through the woods, the noise of birdsong fills my ears and makes the Forrest a lot more mystical seeming. I keep walking leaves crunching underfoot. I count my footsteps for no particular reason at all. 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3. I stop. 3? I turn around, and there stands one of my least favourite people, Vriska. She laughs.
"Why are /you/ here?" I ask
"I'm walking to school- what does it look like?"
Her voice sends shivers down my spine, she has a sort of edgy undertone in her voice.
I speed up, walking quickly towards school, it just across the road. The road is in sight, I break into a run, and so does vriska, I feel both of her hands on my back. Oh no. She shoves me and I fall forward, right onto the road. I stand up. I turn to continue walking to school when the ground seems to come closer towards me, and I black out.
Dave's PoV:
Fear
fɪə/
noun
an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain, or harm.
There is two types of fear- the fear of an object, such as a needle or a test. And then there's fear in its self. Witch is totally indescribable.
My name is Dave strider and Currently the only emotion I have is fear, why? My best friend- John Egbert, is in hospital. Why? He got hit by a car.