Recollect

Watching my father make breakfast reminds me of when my mother used to do it. He made the french toast super sweet with cinnamon, and coffee with extra sugar. He knows me so well for a dad who met his daughter twelve hours ago.

"The sugar is good for your senses. The glucose triggers the receptors." Dad laughed. "Your mother was a little child, you know."

I smiled, but then it disappeared because I remembered the attack. "Dad, a few nights ago this British guy attacked me and tied me down a chair." He frowned while asking me if the attacker had black hair slicked back and an earring. I nodded.

"He works with your uncle Soloman. His name is Marlon. He does the dirty work for Soloman. I know he's is going to do something soon." He said sounding frustrated.

"It's fine, Dad. After I turned on the night of the full moon, I've become stronger and faster. No one can touch me." I assured him.

I hope he never gets to see my dark side. He will never watch me become an animal. I don't want him to get frightened and then leave and never come back. I want to know him for the rest of my life. I just recently got him in my life. I don't have a lot of family. Karen and Dad is all I need now for family.

***

I didn't really want to go to school, mainly because I wanted to stay home with my dad and make up for the past sixteen years. The only bright side is Stiles.

"Your dad seemed nice, how did it go?" Stiles asked me while I was opening my locker. He was wearing the tightest v-neck in the whole world that was pissing me off because of how much I wanted to rip it off. I bit my lip.

"I never thought I would meet him, but I did. You have no idea how happy I am. Thank you for being there." I touched his cheek. In a heartbeat, everyone looked at us. It was so annoying, it wasn't like I was making out with him. Not that I didn't want to. From the million faces witnessing this, I saw Becky, Kim, and Nikki. I couldn't read their faces. I just really didn't want to disappoint them.

"I can't believe you went from Alex to Stiles in two days!" Kim said excitedly. She made me sound so promiscous and she was enjoying it. "For the first time you actually have a love life, momma has taught you well." She said while wiping away fake tears. Becky, Nikki, and I laughed hysterically.

"I don't have a love life, Kim." I rolled my eyes. "I'm just , just ..."

"Confused. We've all been there, girl." Becky said. I was surprised on how much they didn't judge me. I knew they can always be there for me. "As corny as it is, follow your heart. It's the only thing that will ever make you happy."

I knew I wanted Stiles, but Alex still exists. I hate letting people down, and saying "no" is a challenge for me.

"I had a great time last night." Alex said in chemistry. "I was wondering if you'd like to watch a movie tonight."

"Umm you know I- " I pause because as I looked out the door I saw a girl putting her arm around Stiles. "You know I'd love to." I said impulsively. Lately, I've been making rash decisions. Alex looked satisfied, while I felt regret.

***

Alex took me out to watch the new Insidious movie. He put his arm around me the whole time. I was literally on the edge of the seat. That made me uncomfortable because of my feelings for Stiles. I wonder what Stiles is doing right now. He better not be with Vicki.

When we left the theater and walked to Alex's car, I saw Stiles walking alone. I thought he wouldn't see me. But he did, and boy, I can't even describe his face. He was full of anger and sadness, and I felt it. I told Alex to quickly drive me home. I told him I was feeling sick, which I was. I was sick of myself.