British Hater

"That tattoo." Karen said out of no where as we were watching Scream 4 on Sunday afternoon.

"Yes, Karen?" I asked innocently.

"I know this is kind of weird, but like. Your mother had the same tattoo." Karen said while staring at me with curiousity. I remembered what my Anne said, Karen can't find out about Bastets.

"Oh, I saw a picture of Mom from a long time ago. She had a tattoo like this so I thought it would be nice to get it." I lied.

"But I swear it looks exactly like your mom's." Karen said.

"The tattoo artist was great." I said quickly. Karen's curiousity is too much. I asked if I can go for a walk. She nodded steadily.

I began to think about my powers. I can help so many people, and get criminals off the street. But then I realized that I'm just a high school girl. What am I going to do? I began an unresolved debate in my head.

"RUN!" I heard someone say. There was a swarm of people running out of the local Blockbuster. My feet automatically started running I quickly pulled out my mask that Anne gave me, and ran inside.

There was masked man and a group of his felons with four hostages in front of the counter. The nervous red headed employee took out money from the register. It looked like the masked man was going to shoot the cashier.

"What do you think you're doing?" I said in a Jessica Rabbit's voice. I noticed that one of the hostages was familiar, very familiar. STILES?! WHAT THE HELL?

"Who the fuck are you?" He yelled in a smoker's voice. I became only a few feet from him.

"Didn't your mother tell ya not to speak to women like that." With one leap, I attacked the man and stole his gun.

One of his hence men took his gun and aimed it at Stiles. "Do anything funny, and I'll shoot him and the rest of em'." He said is horse voice.

"But I can only do funny." Within one second, I shot the man. There was three of them left. Their eyes showed fear.

"Drop the weapons. I don't get why you criminals have the nerve to ruin a perfect sunday." I rolled my eyes. I looked at Stiles. For the first time I saw vulnerability in Stiles, there was not a hint of cockiness.

"Are you okay?" I asked Stiles. He nodded nervously. I asked the rest of the hostages. They all seemed fine. I tied the criminals with chains that I got from the dvd racks. Sirens began to come near. I quickly ran off before anyone outside can see me.

When I came home, Karen was watching the news. "Where did you go? Did you see what happened?" She asked.

"No, I mean yeah. I saw people running out of the Blockbuster. So I came home." I lied.

"Oh. There's been a lot of crimes lately." Karen said.

***

I looked down. It was like deja vu. All the cars and people going on with there business. This time instead of deceiving birds, I was going to fly. I took a few steps back. With one leap, I felt like I saw the whole world. A woman with a fur coat waiting for a taxi, a red Porsche moving steadily across the street, two teenagers fighting over a boy. Hearing all their conversations made me feel very nosy. As I landed on the other building, I realized what I had done. I killed six people, I'm going to Hell. It is not my job to kill people because they commited a crime. Murderer, that's what I am. What else can I do? No one owes their life to me. I have to runaway, I need to control myself. I jumped to the concrete, and began to run.

Somehow I ended up in the alley way. Silence filled the street, it scared me a little. I heard a couple of foot steps. Someone was following me once again, or some people. I began to walk faster. I'm beginning to loathe deja vu. I turned and saw people running after me. They were only a few meters away. I ran as fast as I could. I came to a corner. Out of thin air a man with sunglasses came infront of me. He grabbed me by my shoulders. In seconds I was in a dark room sitting on a chair with my hands tied.

"What the fuck, bro?" I screamed to the man in the sunglasses who was approaching me. I can feel my claws coming out.

"Sorry to disturb you, but I have to kill you." He said in a heavy British accent.

"Don't be a wanker, Mr." I said. Slowly, I started cutting the rope. "What the hell, do you want from me?"

"You see, people like you don't deserve to live. You're not human, so you don't deserve to live in this society." He said, as he was taking out a knive.

"Well excuse me, Mr.IHaveABritishAccent. You don't belong in this society, we're in America okay? I'm just a high school girl." I said, while feeling terrible about being a racist. The man came near me with the knife. I leaped in his direction, and then scratched his face. Being blind for a few minutes, he was tied with the ropes by me. "Do this again, I swear I will kill you." I said angrily.

At the loft I was helping Karen make dinner. She was talking about her work, her day, and her crush on her assistant named Jeffrey. I couldn't help but not listen to. Almost being killed, I realized that I have to be careful. My powers are inevitable. I need to stop going around and killing people, the police can do that part. Also, alleys are a no cat zone.

The man that tried to killed me is a hunter, he wants to hunt me down. I had a feeling he was going to hurt Karen too trying to get a hold of me. I will never let that happen.