Nostalgia

Author's Note: Hey guys! This is my first story on wattpad, I hope you guys like it. I wanted to release this before the third Batman movie, but I had to delay it for months. But anywho, please if you like this, please leave a comment or fan me. It would mean the world. If you guys want me to check out some of your work, let me know.  Thank you :). 

"Hey Celena." I zoomed out of the grey clouds and into a beautiful boy's face. I smiled. It none other than Alexander Chamberland. He is one of the most hottest and richest boy in Hale Academy. His father, Max Chamberland, is the owner of the biggest petroleum company in the US : Chamberland Corp. I still can't believe he's my physics partner. If Alex found out how much I knew about him, he'd probably get freaked out.

 Mr. Maplewood asked us what the equation of velocity was. Alexander raised his hand and said, "Change in x over change in y." After answering, he quickly asked me, "Hey Celena, my dad's having a fundraising party on friday night. You and Karen better come. I'm handing out invitations tomorrow. It'll be fun." Every word that comes out of his cute little mouth sounds so sexy. I knew I would have to go. Karen is Alex's mom's bestfriend. After my mom died, Stacy has always been there for Karen. Stacy taught Karen how to raise me. Stacy was like a third mother to me, when I was younger. 

Karen is my aunt. Well she's more like a twenty five year old sister. She's my mother's sister, and replaced her when I was eight. My mom died when I eight. She was twenty six when she had the heart attack. 

Till this day, I still don't believe my mother had a heart attack. She was healthy as horse, plus she was a hard core vegan. My mom is the last person on Earth who should die because of a heart attack. She was a devoted mother and a sister. People say you should let the people you love become free, but I know I will never let go of my mother. I hope I get to see her again, some day in another life.

 I remember how beautiful she was, with her light brown hair and freckles. Her bell like laugh, her enthusiasm. I miss that. I miss her. I remember asking her if I had a dad. She told me everyone has a father, but some kids are unfortunate and don't know their fathers.

 I don't know my dad,  I don't even know whether or not he's alive. I know his name though, it's Kenneth Mercer. I never looked for him or ever wonder hard about him. I don't need a father figure, I think. Karen is plenty for parents, although she is more like a best friend. I never complain about being a bastard.

"So you'll come?" I snapped out of my day dream and looked up. I nodded and smiled. I wanted to thank him but the rung and I ran out. I entered the cafeteria and sat with my best friends. Becky, Kim, Nikki were talking smack about a hoe named Tiffany.

"Ohmigod, did you see the hicky marks on her chest. Like bitch, pull up her shirt." Becky giggled. We all laughed. Becky is one of the coolest chicks you can have for a best friend. She has always been pretty, with her wide ocean blue eyes, and her long wavy honey hair. 

"Swear to God, she walks like she has a stick up her ass. She has a pancake booty." Kim uttered. We started rolling and dying. Then Nikki said something, like a reflex I looked out the window. I'm not that into the daily gossip. Talking smack about someone is pretty much pointless.

 I was staring at our school sign infront of the building : Hale Academy. It's the most elite school in New York City. Before my mother died, she made sure everyone in her family goes here. I really like this school.Even though its filled with snobby bitches and douchebags. I don't get it, how can these people people that rich, and have no class? Alexander came across my mind. He's not a douchebag, he's probably the nicest guy in this school. Too bad, he'll never be mine. He'll have someone like Tiffany. Someone confident, pretty, and very very loose.

*** 

I walked into my loft at six finding Karen in her room getting ready.

"Where are you going?" I asked leaning on her door. I looked around her cupcake colored room with pastel blues and pinks. Her room is nothing like mine. My bedroom walls are painted neon green. I chose green because it was my mom's favorite color. My walls had a sense of nostalgia, and a hint of Heath Ledger.    

"I'm going to Donna Karan's fashion show. Wanna come?" She asked while bending down to tie her heel straps. Her long brown hair reached to her toes. I think Karen has the most amazing job in the world. She's a fashion editor for Elle magazine. Karen gets invited to concert, parties, and fashion shows. It doesn't get more fabulous than that. I'm not really into that kind of stuff, so I spend my nights alone. Not that I'm complaining.

"Nahh, I have my midterms next week. I think the bunny killer's fashion show will do fine without me.  Have fun." I said while leaving. Karen had no problem wearing dead animals on her shoulders. She never appreciates my anti-animal cruely tone. I went to my neon green room and began my homework.

I waited for Karen to leave so I can go jogging. I went to the roof of my building, and admired the skyline. I could see the Empire State Building shining blue. I walked to the edge of the roof. I stood on the step. Below, I could see all the cars moving fast and the street lights glowing into the night. Across from me was another building. I put one foot over the edge trying to hold my balance.

I want to jump to the building in front of me. I wanna jump over the concrete jungle of New York. I looked to my left and saw a black pigeon, probably a crow. It flew to the other side. I felt as if the bird was bantering me. My mood turned green.

I became jealous of an ugly bird. I knew I was going to hold a grudge against birds for the rest of my life. Why can't I fly? Anger started pulsing through my veins. Just because I'm not structured like a bird, doesn't mean I'm not suppose to fly. I sighed, and went for a nightly run.