Who, What, Where, When, How

The sun's rays startled me. I woke up from the worst nightmare. I remember running like Forest. I remember a black figure, and several other smaller figures. I remember falling down. There was sweat all over my face and body. I ran to my bathroom. I looked in front of my mirror. I looked paler than usual and my lips were bloodshot red as if I wore my Mac Russian Red lipstick. I lifted up my bangs. There was a faded bruise covering my forehead. What? It couldn't be real could it. I looked closer.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I screamed. My eyes were blue. That wasn't the scary part, my pupils were vertical and slit. I closed my eyes hard telling myself it's just a crazy dream. I slowly opened my eyes. They were still blue, but my pupils returned to normal. I was so hot, like I was in an oven. I began to have an anxiety attack. I crouched down, and started to cry. I don't remember the last time I cried like this. After ten minutes of the waterfall, I told myself I was hallucinating. I could not comprehend what was happening to me. I knew it wasn't hormonal. Hormones do crazy things to teenagers, but not this crazy. A box of Advil was on the bathroom counter. I swallowed a painkiller without water.

I tied my hair up in a bun and looked for shorts and a light pink sheer blouse. I was sick, that's what it was. That's why I was hot. I ran into the kitchen to make myself breakfast. I literally had ten minutes to get ready. I was angry, confused, scared, so many emotions. I don't know how I was going to survive this day.

"ARE YOU WEARING SHORTS?" I heard Karen ask me. I nodded unsteadily. "I know it's for a boy, tell me later okay? By the way, nice contacts. I have to be in a rush. Melinda is on my ass for the December holiday issue." And she was gone. Melinda reminds me of Meryl Streeps character in The Devil Wears Prada. Karen almost forgot her work binder until I told her before she went downstairs. I looked at my phone : 8:40. Crap Crap Crap.

I ran to go to school. I made sure my bangs were covering my forehead, so no one would see the purple patch. I was a block away, making my way away from a construction sight. They were making a lot of commotion, more than usual. I thought I heard the cry of an ant on the cemented that was getting shredded by the construction man. 

"Hey, baby. Nice legs." I heard one of the construction workers say. I ran faster, and stuck my middle finger at him. I don't have any time for this shit.

As I was entering school, I noticed something new. People were staring at me. I looked down trying to make my way to my first period class. I was hoping that no one saw the purple thing on my forehead. I entered my astronomy class with everyone staring at me. I sat in the front, so I don't have to see anyone's eyes. But I felt a million eyes on my neck.

I was waiting for the bell to ring. The next period was the same, it got me very irritated. I was still wondering about last night. What happened to the man? Most importantly, what the hell happened to me? How did I get this bruise? Why was I so hot? I was playing 21 questions in my mind.

I was the first one in my physics class. I hope Alex doesn't come today. Too bad he was the next one in. He was wearing khakis with a tight black v-neck. I caught myself before I started to drool.

"Nice tattoo, gorgeous." He said as he was sitting down. I had a confused look on my face, but I thanked him. A hot guy complimenting me is anomalous, very uncommon. "You look different today." He said.

"Crap, I know. Don't look at it." I said as I was rubbing my forehead. Now Alex had a confused look on his face.

"No, I mean you look good. Not that you never look good, you just look different. A good different." Alex said while smiling his dimple smile. Dimples make people look so cute. I rubbed my cheek wishing there was a dimple on that spot.

"Thanks. I can't wait for your party tonight." I said smiling like a lunatic.

"I know right. You- I mean it's a great way to end a Friday." He said.