Stranger Danger

Maybe I can split my bangs today. Nah, I look like a mother. I put my black fringe to the left side. I had black curly hair up to my bra strap. I wish I had Karen's hair, it's gorgeous brown and easy to maintain. My hair looks like a wild animal. It's so hard to straighten and comb. When I wake up from my sleep, my hair looks like a rat's nest.  I remember my mom used to comb my hair before I went to elementary school. She would always tell me I had pretty hair, and pretty brown eyes. I never believed her. I thought she was being nice because she was blissfully beautiful.

I looked at my eyes. They were red, like I did drugs or something. I couldn't sleep last night because of repetitive nightmares. There were these black canaries that were chasing me into a cave. There was nothing in the cave, no light, no sounds. I was terrified of my own presence. It was so real, as if I was going to stay there for the rest of infinity. I was in the realm of Purgatory. The dreams would happen more than once a night, I remember waking up in the middle of the night screaming a couple of times. But when I do wake up, I remember it was all just a dream.

 I realized that I was going to be late for school, so I put on a tight black tee, and sweats. Karen would have yelled at me. She always says, "You go to the greatest school in New York, and you wear gym clothes for an outfit." I love the comfortable look. Why wear something that's not comfortable? I always tell myself that I am not dressing to impress. I don't have to impress people with my clothes.

School was more boring than usual. It was all the same old cycle of classes and teachers and annoying students. The most exciting part was when Alex handed me the invitation to his dad's fundraiser party. I looked at the invitation in trig, my "favorite" class. It had my name in beautiful calligraphy. I actually want to go to this party, just for Alex.

"You're going too?" Tiffany asked me. I tried to speak normal, but her pancake butt was in my head. I tried not to laugh, but the way Kim described it was too visual.

"Yeah, are-re you going?" I asked. Tiffany smiled.

"Of course. What are you going to wear?" Tiffany asked. We began small talk about the party friday night. For some odd reason, Tiffany is always nice to me. I think it was because we were really close in elementary school. Until she started maturing too fast, and started to be very promiscuous. She's not a terrible person, though. It's just her hormonal actions. We used to go to eachother's houses and played with Barbie dolls. 

***

I put the invitation on top of Karen's pillow. Karen was probably working or something. I watched Teen Wolf until 8. Then I put on a hoodie, and went out with my I-Phone blasting to The Weeknd.

I love the smell of New York. A scent of pollution, cigarette smoke, trees, and human flesh. I jogged around the Empire State. I realized I jogged about fifeteen blocks, which is a lot considering NYC blocks. I stopped jogging, and looked up at the sky. It was complete darkness compared to the city streets. It was a full moon, I could see the craters. Next to the moon was Polaris. It was one of the brightest stars in the sky. I smiled admiring the beauty of the pretty star. I looked at my i-Phone. It was almost 9. I have to go home before Karen comes. She would say things like I'll get raped or kidnapped. I looked around for a shortcut. There are five different ways I could, they all looked like mazes.

I think that behind the Wine & Liquor Store was an alley way that could be the fastest shortcut. I took a deep breath and started walking. I turned up my music, Frank Ocean was playing.

"A tornado flew around my room before you came, it usually doesn't rain in Southern California. much like Arizona. My eyes don't shed tears but boy they ..." I sang in a low tone.

 As I was jogging in the darkness, I felt like someone was following me. I stopped and turned around. No one. Just tall apartment buildings and a black cat. I started jogging faster, and then I started running. I turned around again and saw someone wearing black running behind me. I cursed under my breathe. He was tall, with no face, and a black raincoat. He looked like he was straight out of a horror film.

I am not going to die, I am not going to get raped. I am not going to lose my life because of a deranged psychopath. I ran as fast as I could, until a crack in the cement made me fall down. I landed on my face. I heard a loud scream, and a group of particular sounds. Like someone streaking their nails on the chalk board. It was soothing, because I knew I was going to die. I flashed all the moments I had with my friends and family. One distinct memory came.

"Momma. What happens when we die?" I asked while putting on a dress for my grandmother's funeral.

"It depends sweetheart." She said while helping me put on the dress. I asked her on what. "It depends on who you are, your actions and thoughts. If you're a bad person, you go to Hell. Hell is filled with dangerous and malicious people. And people like you, go to Heaven. Heaven is for all the good people, and all the Angels. Bad people don't ever go there."

"Where is gramma going to?" I asked.

"Honey, my mother was great woman. She is definitely going to Heaven, She going to be free of this place we call Earth." She said angrily. I never asked why my mother was referiing to Earth as a bad place.

I turned my body. I ached everywhere. I felt blood dripping on my temple and knees. The metallic rust of my blood crinkled my nose. As I was closing my eyes, these mysterious shapes started surround my nearly deceased body. One of the shapes came on top of my chest. The creature's nails were hard on my chest. I was breathing loud with my mouth open. I began to hyperventilate. The creature's eyes were piercing yellow and it's body had a silver coat and black stripes. It opened its mouth and came near to my mouth, but not touching. Something was going down my throat, it was a fluttery sensation, like butterflies going down my throat.

And then it all went black.

Author's Note: If you guys watched Catwoman, then you'll know where this chapter's concept came from. I'm a huge Halle Berry fan. So how do you guys so far like this? Leave a comment if you want to :)