The Bride and The Little Boy (HAUNTED)

*Author's Note: I take no credit for the following story. It is a true encounter I've collected from net"*

I was 19 and home on leave from the military. This occured after September 11th and my training had eliminated all fear from my body of anything frightening. I was a rock. Until I went to stay at my best friends house.

Her mom was a single mother on assistance and they put her up in an old farm house in an orchard. She had two younger brothers and a younger sister. We stayed up late talking and then they told me I had to sleep in the servant quarters off the kitchen. They said it was cut off sort of from the rest of the house because in 1919 when it was built the people owned a lot of servants and they didn't want them seen by guests. They exchanged a knowing glance and I went up the winding back steps to the servants bedroom.

I was uncomfortable and had vertigo upon entering but paid it not much thought and dropped off to sleep. I was awoken by a terribly sad crying and wailing. I went to sit up when something dropped onto my back (I was on my stomach). It was very heavy and I immediately tried to get up but it layed its full weight on me. It wailed and cryed in my ear. I began to panic but just when I pushed up with all my might it let go. I sat up swinging my feet down and went for my handgun in my bag. I carried a 9mm glock. As I bent down over my bag I saw something crouched in the dark corner. I stood up to get a better look and its face turned to me.

It was a small boy in a black suit.

He had a white tear stained face. He said "please don't let him kill her" and he looked behind me. I whipped around and was faced with a woman in a Bridal gown. She lifted her veil to reveal a rotted skeletal face!! I reached down for my gun and pulling it out ran straight toward her, and not stopping straight through her and down the servants steps. I ran to my friends mom's bedroom. She was not asleep. Her and my friend had all the lights on and were sitting smoking cigs on the bed.

Her mom looked right at me and said "did you see the bride or the boy?" I answered in a soft whisper "Both". I sat down with them and they told me about seeing them and guests they had had over left and never stayed long in there. I was angry at first. I had never seen or experienced anything so terrifying in my life. And I had seen some pretty horrible things in the military.

I went back to the sandpit a few weeks later and upon coming home for good 4 years later, I visited my friend in their new house. They had stayed only another month after my visit. We went back to the house and it was empty with a for sale sign in front.

I am now 33. I check it out every now and then. It no longer has a sign. Its condemned. I attest to every facet of this story being true. And to this day when I think of it I get vertigo and goosebumps. It changed me.

Submitted by Megan M. Davis, United States.