Prologue

Wake up, get dressed, fix your hair, put on your makeup, eat breakfast, brush teeth, grab backpack, and go to the bus stop. Oh, and don't forget your "smile." Then after school get off the bus, walk home, wave to the neighbor at the corner, go inside home, finish homework, read, study, ignore all the screaming, and then eat dinner. After your done, brush your teeth and go to bed.

This was the endless cycle in my life.

I lived with my mother, my father, and my brother, Barry, my whole life. Barry was older than me by just a couple of years. At the moment, I sat in a seat on the bus. I would arrive at my stop any moment now. Life had always seemed like an endless circle. I just didn't know that the cycle was coming to a brief stop soon.

As I got off the bus and walked home, I made sure to wave and smile to the man at the corner. As I entered my home though, I let my fake smile disappear. My mother came out from the living room and approached me. "Your late." She said with a scowl. She crossed her arms and looked down on me. "Sorry I-" "No excuses!" She yelled, "Now go do your homework!"

I went up to my room and started on my homework. Then I heard it, screaming. I sighed, I set my glasses on my table and rubbed my eyes. Usually my father liked to sleep with a lot of different women. Everyday there would be some kind of argument. Most of the time it was about who my father was sleeping with that time.

Then I heard a gunshot, followed by screaming and hysterical laughter. I immediately sat back up. I put on my glasses and went over to the door. Mother would punish me for coming out, but I had to figure out what was going on. I cracked opened the door to find four people in the small living room.

My mother stood against the wall in shock, a girl laid dead on the floor, two women, one with a robe the other in her undergarments, stood in the middle of the room, and my father stood at the opposite side of the room from my mother. He had a giant grin and a gun pointed at my mom. I opened the door all the way right when the woman snacked the gun out of my fathers hands. It landed right at my feet.

Everyone turned, all the attention was on me now. I picked up the gun and held it outwards. "Baby doll, dear, give me the gun." My dad cooed in a seductive voice. "Don't!" My mother screamed in horror. She clawed at her eyes, "He's gone mad!" I looked at the woman in the robe, something began to boil within me. She was one of the reasons for breaking my family apart.

I felt my aim go towards the girl, she was the reason for all of my mother's endless nights getting drunk. I gripped the cold metal gun, my finger on the trigger. I looked around the room, stunned faces gaped at me, then I pulled the trigger.

I shot the girl in the leg and she fell to the floor injured. We all stood there in silence as I kept the gun raised. What did I just do? My mother and I turned to my father as he fell to the girl's side......and began to laugh. At first his laughter was quiet, but soon it became hysterical. I dropped the gun, what had I done?

Then the door broke down and the police barged in. My father grabbed the gun and shot both of the girls in their heads. He dropped the gun before the police tackled him. The police arrested my father as my mother brought me into her arms.

My life had been turned upside down since that day.

A couple years later.....

I sat on the bus and looked out the window. I hated school, everyone thought I was a freak because of the "incident" at my home a couple of years ago. Everyone would make fun of my dad and call him a insane maniac.

After the "incident" I couldn't get the memory of how my father killed those three girls out of my head. My mom told me he couldn't hurt anyone else because he died a couple of years ago. I could still imagine his face vividly though.

After the "incident" I also discovered a job to take on. I wanted to be a physiatrist, mainly to figure out why my dad did the things he did.

The vehicle came to a stop and its rusted brakes stopped the lopsided bus. I grabbed my backpack and looked down as I walked off the bus. I made no eye contact with any of the other kids, I feared they would make a nasty comment. I got off the bus and walked down the street, I had to be home in time or else my mother would freak out.

As I passed the old man on the corner, I waved at him, just how I had been doing almost my whole life. We had a weird connection, we didn't talk but we smiled and waved. Somehow, it was like we were having a conversation without even saying a single word.

As I walked into my home I went straight up to my room. I ignored the smell from my brothers room. You see my brother, Barry, started to smoke after the whole "incident." I tried to tell my mom but she'd ignore me and would gulp down another drink of wine. Great parenting mom.

I finished my homework and studying before pulling out my laptop. I was going to search up some more criminal cases. I had told my mom about wanting to be a psychiatrist, she was kind of shocked. Anyways, I started learning my facts and researching. Gotham was a good place to start. There's tons of criminal activity around every corner.

I heard a knock at the door, I turned around as my mother came in and shut the door behind her. "Yes mother?" I asked, in a sweet, innocent voice. "Sweetie," my mother began to say, "I have news. You'll be coming with me to Arkham Asylum. You'll be hanging out with Uncle Benny while I take care of some......personal matters." I looked her in the eyes, "Ok, when are we going?"

My mom smiled, "Tomorrow, from Friday to Sunday night."

I gulped, oh great.

Ok, so I hoped you liked. Ok, your probably like "Well what's her name?" Well, some of you may have some guesses. It's alright, by the next chapter you'll figure out her name. Anyways, hoped ya liked!! :D

XOXO

-CXK

P.S. I don't own the photo, I found it off the internet. 😳😂😇💕👌🏻💙