Chapter 6: Bruises

*warning, this is a boring chapter*

The throbbing pain in my ankle wouldn't go away. I quietly limped into my house and quickly raced to the bathroom. I locked the door and turned on the water, I would just have to hope my bruises would heal soon.

I let the warm water flow overtop of me, it felt nice. I had a sprained ankle, a bump on my head, an irritating mark from the girl's whip, and bruises spotted my body everywhere. I lathered my skin with soap and scrubbed away all the dirt. Soon enough, I was as fresh as a daisy.

I went over everything that had happened. I remembered jumping into the garbage. I had said three and jumped, I hit had into the garbage bags and sprained my ankle. I limped through the streets back home. What a wonderful first day, not. I shut off the water, I was done with my bath.

I hopped out of the tub and wrapped a towel around my shivering cold body. I collected my clothes and went to my room. As I left the bathroom, cold air surrounded me and made me shudder. I went inside my room and made sure to lock the door behind me.

My room was perfectly cleaned. My mother had made sure that I cleaned all the dust and straightened my room every day. I threw my clothes on the floor, it felt nice to get a little messy for once. I grabbed blue sweatpants and a long shirt that said "Gotham Basketball." I had gotten it from my dad, it was from when he was younger.

I put it on, I was never aloud to wear it. My mom didn't even know I had it! She erased anything that reminded her of dad from the house. Pictures, sculptures, and even bedding. By the time she was done their house was practically empty. Soon my mom gradually bought more and more stuff, and here we were today.

I grabbed my clothes and stuck them in the washing machine. I put in some soap and started the machine on normal. I knocked on Barry's door, "Hey Barry, I'm going to make some macaroni and-" "Ok great, bye!" He yelled. I sighed, he wasn't even paying attention to me. I went and made macaroni and cheese, there wasn't anything else to eat.

I would order pizza or something, but Barry would take it all to his room and I would have to starve. Mac and cheese it was. I decided to make a big box, I filled a pan with water before turning on the stove. As the water boiled, I decided to think about what all had happened so far.

I was captured two girls who knocked me out with a baseball bat. After, I woke up in a tiny boxed room with the Theo Galavan. I had a feeling though that Theo wasn't as good hearted as everyone thought.

He had told me to meet him at Northwest bridge at 6:30. Or, as I remember correctly, he would kill me in a heartbeat before I could say a word. I didn't have a clue where Northwest Bridge was at, but there was someone who might.

I knocked on Barry's door again, "Barry can I ask you something? Please! I really need to know where Northwe-" "Go away!" Barry yelled. I groaned, Barry was a pain. "Barry, please come out! Pleaseeeeeeeee-" "Alright what!" Barry yelled opening his door.

I cleared my throat, "I need directions for Northwest Bridge, tell me how to get there and I promise you won't have to deal with me anymore." Barry examined me, "What are you up to? Your not skipping school, are you?" "No, never." I said, my mind was racing. What was a good excuse?

"My friend Suzan called and asked where Northwest Bridge is, she needs to know so tomorrow she gets home on time." I said, it was a complete bluff. Something ate away at me, I was lying. Barry stared at me for a minuet, "Alright, I'll just write it down so you don't forget."

Barry quickly scribbled some letters down on the paper and threw it at me. "Now don't bother me again, midget." Barry said, before slamming the door shut. I groaned and picked up the paper, "I'm not a midget." I looked at the stove, stream was everywhere.

I raced over and turned off the oven, I would have to let the noodles cool off. I then heard a ding, that was the washing machine. I switched the clothes into the dryer, they should be done soon.

Northwest Bridge, 6:30. The words were engraved into my memory, I had to go. My thoughts drifted towards my dad, what would I ask him? Why did he sleep with so many woman? Why did he pull out a gun? I then thought of the gun landing at my feet, my shaking hands picked up the ice cold gun. Then, I shot.

I leaned against the wall, I shot a lady. Mother covered the whole thing up, declared my dad was insane. Well, that part was true. I pulled myself up. "That was the past," my mother would say, "this is the future." I stood back up and blinked back the tears forming in my eyes.

It had been at least a year now, it was time to let go of what I did. My mom said that the girl I shot was going to die anyways, it was fine. I had injured someone though. I took a deep breathe, just forget about it. I brought my hands into fists, that night I proved that I wasn't that innocent.

Now, I might have to find that rage again to see my father....if he was still alive.

Ok, my apologizes for last week. I was busy and I'm starting new activities......and my friends are starting to become kind of rude. 😓 But anyways, I hope you liked the chapter, I spent a lot of time writing it.

P.S. This is a draft and I didn't edit it yet. I may edit it today or tomorrow, depending on what's going on. Love you guys 😊

XOXO

-CXK