Chapter 16: Toothpaste

This chapter is dedicated to @robstarismylife @juno97 and @jadoue1999

And also the first opening scene is dedicated to @lilli456

I took a deep breath, I knew exactly what I was going to say.

I took a deep breath, "Fuck all of you."

Then I raced off the stage.

No! No! No! No! No! I was not singing! I wanted out of this stupid bar! Why the hell was it so important anyway!

I was then pulled backwards by my hair, I screamed in pain as I was dragged away from the exit. This new bronze skinned man covered my mouth, "Look, your making Mr. Cobblepot's mother very uncomfortable, so I suggest you get out there...." He pulled out a gun and aimed it right at my head, "Or you'll have a bunch of lead in your skull."

I'll gulped, "I'll get on stage."

I sheepishly walked back out onto the stage, they all looked at me differently. Some were shocked, others were frustrated, but the most amusing look I got was from the boss. Nothing, he showed absolutely no expressions at all.

I went back over to the mic and mumbled a quick apology. I then nodded at the boy, cueing him to start playing. Once again the beat started up again, I then began to sing to the best of my ability.

I sort of knew the lyrics, I think I messed up on two words. This song was so boring though, maybe I could change it up. I began to add in some humor by making weird faces and dancing around like a loon. I started to get some chuckles out of the crowd, a smile leapt across my face.

Butterflies filled my stomach to see people laughing at me, I was ok with being class clown. An older lady sitting by the boss also started to giggle uncontrollably. The boss cracked me a small smile before turning to the lady, he whispered to her in a hushed tone and stroked her hand.

Before I knew it the song was over and the curtains closed, at least it was over. But somewhere deep down inside of me, I knew that I actually wished that the curtains would open again so I could entertain the crowd.

A violent hand ripped my away from the stage and back into the dressing room. I was shoved into the ground and a gun was pointed at my head. "Let's just get this over with." The man said in a gruff voice.

I closed my eyes, "Just make it quick."

"Hold on." a voice said. I opened my eyes, the boss. It was him.....what was he doing here? "M-mr. Penguin," the man said in a shaky voice, "I didn't expect t-to see you b-back here."

Penguin, quite an interesting name. Penguin walked over towards me and offered me his long, pale hand. I took it as he helped me up swiftly, "Mother likes this one, she says she's funny. For now on you won't lay a finger on her. Am I clear?"

The man nodded his head before leaving quietly without another word.

I finally left out a breathe I didn't know I was holding, "Thank you." "Of course, friend." Penguin said, "But now you owe me." I gulped, "What exactly do you want?"

Penguin smiled, "Just come back every night to perform. My mother enjoyed your comedy act......what's your name?" "Harleen," I quipped up, "Harleen Quinzel." Penguin held out his hand, "Oswlald, Oswald Cobblepot." We shook hands, "Nice to meet you."

•••••••

It was pretty late by the time I had gotten home. It had been a long day, from waking up in Jerome's bed to singing that night at the Iceberg Lounge. Oswald didn't seem that bad......I'm mean yeah, he's a criminal, but who in Gotham doesn't have some dirt on them? Everyone in Gotham is always hiding something or has done something terrible. In a way, that's kind of why I liked Gotham, because no one cared what others thought.

Well, unless if your my mom.

I snuck into the house and went straight to the bathroom, I didn't even finish homework. I could skip the shower, I would probably have gym at school the next day any way. Sunday nights are always stressful, especially for me. Usually I would be running around trying to finish my homework real quick, usually it worked.

I quickly changed into PJs first before heading towards the bathroom to brush my teeth. I made rapid circle motions repeatedly as the minty fresh taste overwhelmed my mouth.

I finished brushing my teeth when Barry came in. "Move over shortstop." He grunted. "One second." I said, rinsing my toothbrush. Barry roughly shoved me into the wall, causing my to hit my head. I rubbed my head in pain.

"What the hell....?" I whispered, Barry stood up and turned towards me. "Harleen, since when did you start swearing?" Barry asked. "I don't!" I said in rage. Barry, that stupid asshole. By now, I didn't care if I was lying.

I grippe stage edge of the sink and tried to hoist myself up, Barry shoved me back down into the wall. I felt something drip down the side of my face, I wiped the red liquid off my face. Blood, Barry had pushed me so hard that I had started to bleed.

"Barry, move." I growled, trying to seem aggressive and fierce. "I'll move when you finally stop being such a wimp." He snorted in his usual carefree way. I clenched my fists, "Barry, move."

Barry scoffed, "You want me to move? Well maybe if you weren't so weak then you could move me out of the way."

I stopped for a moment as that one word Barry said stuck to my mind.

Weak

Tabitha's words flooded my mind.

Make sure your brother never treats you like your nothing again.

Then, something clicked inside of me. I grabbed my toothbrush and stood up beside Barry.
"Barry," I said.
"What?" Barry asked, barley even glancing at me.
"Look at me Barry."
Barry rinsed his mouth and turned to me, "What the hell do you want?"

"I'm not weak."

I then stabbed Barry in the eye with the toothbrush.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!! 😱😱😱😂😂😂
So I've been planning for this chapter ending to happen for a while and I figured might as well give it a shot.

So I apologize for not posting for awhile, there was a death at my school, my brother was attached by a dog, I've been having a lot of troubles with my crush, I finally let go of my two "best friends", and I joined volleyball (we have practices Monday-Friday for two hours).

Anyway, I'll try to squeeze in another chapter soon.

THANK YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH FOR READING AND SUPPORTING!!!!!💕

XOXO

-CXK