Chapter 9: Stitches

"Get her, Greenwood!" One of the inmates shouted. Greenwood grabbed my other arm and twisted my wrist, looked like playing fair was out of the picture. I gritted my teeth and slipped my wrist out his grip. He smiled with mischief, "You can give up now while you still have the chance, street rat."

I gritted my teeth even harder, I raised my sword screaming. I slashed the sword at Greenwood, creating a wound in his arm, "Over my dead body!" Greenwood poked his sword at me and hit me in the ribs, it didn't go too deep though. He pulled the sword as I yelped and tried to poke me again, but I dodged the sword just in time.

I clutched my ribs, that was going to leave a mark. I sat on the ground and looked at my hand, it was soaked in blood. The coppery smell began to fill the air and I began to feel sick. Greenwood charged at me again, I leaped to the side but he still managed to slash my arm.

I took a swing at him but missed, dang it. He pulled me up and lifted the sword to my throat, "Who's the street rat?" I gulped, he pressed the sword to my throat even harder. "I asked who's the street rat!" He yelled. "Me." I said almost immediately, he released the sword and I fell to the ground in pain. I panted, I couldn't seem to catch my breath.

Greenwood walked away, "Like I said, she just a street rat. Another doll for us to play with." I heard snickers but kept staring at the floor gritting my teeth. I grabbed my sword and ran screaming at Greenwood. In a flash Greenwood had turned around and slapped me, I fell to the floor. The lash on my face from Tabitha opened up and began to bleed again. I laid down on the floor, I was starting to feel a little dizzy.

I heard more snickers and footsteps, I leaned against the wall and tried to steady myself. "Well you put on a good show." A smooth voice said. "Shut up Jerome!" I screamed, I pounded the wall without my hand. I silently screamed in pain, how was I ever going to fix my wounds. And how was I going to hide them? Mom would kill me. I silently screamed again, sliding down the wall.

I closed my eyes, hoping Jerome would just disappear and go away. I heard rustling and Jerome sat down beside me, he was so close I could feel the warmth coming off his body. My hairs stood up, "What do you want from me, Jerome?"
"Just an answer."
"What?"
"How do you know my name?"

My eyes widened in fear, think fast Harleen, "I overheard one of the inmates call you Jerome." He nodded his head, I got up and walked away, I couldn't stand to sit by him any longer. I decided to see if they had something to sew up my wound, I headed for the bathroom. They had to have something. I opened the cabinet, yep, a needle and thread.

I closed the door and took off my shirt, I had a bra on so I was fine. I took off my hat too, It was way too warm. I wetted some paper towels and began to dab the slash on my arm. I grunted, it stung. I then began to stitch the lash. I was halfway done when the door opened and I jumped in fear. It was Jerome, he just stood there and stared at me, he had no expression.

I grabbed my shirt and tried to cover myself, "Hello?" I waved my hand trying to get his attention. "Your not doing it right." Jerome said, crossing his arms and leaning against the door. I snorted, "Like you can do any better." Jerome's goofy grin appeared again, "Let's test my skills then." He walked in and closed the door behind him, "Jerome, I'm fine."
"No, your not."
"Yeah I am."
"If your fine then why are you gushing blood everywhere?"

I was silent, "Let's just hurry up and get this over with." I touched my wound, I was almost kind of fascinated by all the blood. I looked up to see Jerome taking my the thread and needle and undo my stitching. His eyes met mine and I looked away, I didn't want to him to realize who I really was.

He began to restitch my wound close, I groaned, "Your suck a pain." He leaned in real close, "Do I bring pain, or is it really pleasure?" I froze for a second, still trying to process what he had just said. His eyes burned into mine, I looked down and scoffed, "Yeah, definitely pain." He chuckled and kept stitching.

It was silent for a while, I was just watching Jerome stitch my arm, I didn't say anything even if it hurt. I eventually couldn't stand sitting in silence. "Why are you helping me?" I asked softly. Jerome closed the stitch really tight, "Because I need you to do something for me." I groaned, "I should have seen that coming."

He tried to grab my shirt from my hands, but I kept my grip on it. He raised an eyebrow and smirked, "What's the matter Quinn, scared?" I gritted my teeth, "Not at all." I let him take the shirt and winced as he cleaned the cut that went through my ribcage. He began to stitch the cut, "Greenwood really got you good."

I stayed silent. Jerome looked up at me, "But next time your going to crush him." "What?" I asked confused. Jerome grabbed my chin and titled it downwards towards him, "Do you want to destroy him?"
"More than anything."
"Good, because I have plan."
"Is this the favor you needed me to do?"
"Correct toots."
"It's not toots, it's Quinn. Q-u-i-n-n, Quinn."
"Well Quinn, I know how to spell."

I rolled my eyes as Jerome finished stitching, I slipped my shirt back on. I would probably have to take it easy for awhile. "How long will it take for it to heal?" I asked. Jerome raised an eyebrow, "Do I look like a doctor?" I looked down at my stitches, "Well how am I going to train, I don't want to break the stitches."

Jerome laughed, "Your worried about breaking the stitches? What a wimp, your like a doll everyone can play around with." Rage swelled up inside me, "I never asked for your option, so zip it ginger!"

I hopped up and headed for the door. I opened it and turned around, "I will beat Greenwood, but not for you. This time it's for me." I walked out, Jerome had just gotten on my bad side. Rage burned inside of me, walking home I then thought everything over. And then I realized something.

I was learning to kill people, funny how one thing could lead to another.

Soooo here's the next chapter! 😺 I think I know what direction I enact to go in, or at least I've got a good idea. Oh, and did you watch Gotham last night?

When I figured out SPOILER that Penguin and Riddler we're teaming I started screaming and cheering 😂

Anyways, I'm going to try and catch up on my reading, hope you enjoyed the chapter!

XOXO

-CXK