Five Recruits Plus One

Gosh! I haven't uploaded for nearly a month! And because of that, I had a little bit of a writer's block so I'm not surprised if this isn't the best chapter I'd written. :( My apologies...

I know that this story is somehow going in a slow pace but I have everything under control and I hope everything will turn out what I planned.

Anyway, so here it is... :)

&J&R&J&R&

CHAPTER 4: Five Recruits Plus One

~Romeo~

"Are you kidding me?" I laughed. Me? Acting? Not a good combination. Way to be hilarious!

After I composed myself from laughing, I realized Mr. Spencer wasn't laughing with me. I looked up and saw his expression serious. "I am not kidding with you, Mr. Mosley. This play is too serious to even joke at."

I looked at him confused. So, is really he serious about me acting in a play? Like seriously serious? "So you're telling me that I'm casted in this year's school play?"

"Certainly."

"Sir, I'm sure you got the wrong person. I'm not an actor, not a professional one nor an amateur. I have no experiences in any kind of acting or performing in front of the public," I defended.

"I know you can do this. You are the right person. I've known you as my student and you're a good one, well not for the case in Algebra," he said. "Look, I'm making a deal here for you. You act in the play, you pass Algebra for sure."

Okay, that was very tempting. If I join the play, I'll pass Algebra with no effort. Knowing Mr. Spencer, he won't take no as an answer, so he'll come to any resorts and offer it to the other party, with him winning in the end.

If I'll act in the school play, my friends will call me gay for sure; my parents will be very supportive of me, especially my mom, to the extent that she'll record the whole play and have my relatives watch it in the next family gathering; my brother will also call me gay; the girls... I don't know if they'll worship me more for acting or they'll also call me gay; and my enemy will laugh at my face.

The last of the cons will definitely be a reality.

On the other hand, I'll pass Algebra; Mr. Bald Head will no longer call our home to report my flunking grades; I'll graduate for sure; my parents will be glad and proud; and they won't cut my allowance anymore.

"So, what was your decision?" Mr. Spencer's question broke my thoughts. I hadn't realized I was mentally weighing the pros and cons of this offer.

I have pride. And that always keeps me going with my life.

Though for this matter, I think I'll somewhat put it down.

Hey, if you get the offer of having you to pass for the subject you sucked at, won't you succumb to that?

I look at Mr. Spencer again, with the decision in my head that I hope I won't regret making.

"You have to pass me in Algebra. I'll see you later at 5, Room 204."

~Juliet~

Room 204 is occupied by the Chess Club this afternoon. Drama Club Meeting was moved in Room 107 temporarily. Please proceed now. There is something Mr. S would like us to know.

          - V. Pres.

I sent the text message to the club members as I was sitting in a chair with Katie by my side.