0.8

excuses, excuses

when louis woke up, he was surprised to see niall sitting at the end of his bed. he had his face in his hand and his breathing was slightly heavy, as if he was sleeping but louis could feel the slight shake of the bed from what he assumed was niall's leg shaking. niall had some weird thing that made his leg shake extremely fast, almost as if he was tapping his foot really fast. niall didn't know what it was but he didn't waste his time trying to figure it out because it rarely happened and when it did, it wasn't too much of a bother.

louis stretched his legs out, using his foot to stop the shaking of niall's leg. the older man jumped slightly, having been unaware to the fact that louis had woke up. he moved one of his hands from his face to louis' foot, squeezing it slightly and giving a silent thank you.

"morning, niall." louis said, clearing his voice immediately after noticing how scratchy it sounded.

niall was a bit taken back by louis' use of his name. he'd really hoped louis would call him daddy, as he always did but hoping can only get you so far. he realizes he messed up and he can only hope he's able to fix it.

"morning." niall rasped, finally moving his other hand from his face. louis gasped when niall turned towards him, he looked horrible.

"what happened to your face daddy?" louis asked, after he was sat in niall's lap which only happened in a few short seconds because louis' movements were awfully quick once he got a look at the mans face.

"its nothing, princess." niall said and despite the broken blood vessel in his eye and the swollen lip, he felt good. he felt incredible because louis was sitting on his lap, calling him daddy.

"excuse me? this is not nothing daddy, the white of your eye is no longer white!" louis basically screeched and niall flinched, the sudden raise in volume hurting his head.

"don't worry about it baby, i wanna talk to you about something." niall said, and unknowingly scared louis. he had no idea what it was niall wanted to talk about but something told him it wasn't good.

"go on," louis mumbled, anxiously picking at the fabric of niall's black t-shirt.

"i'm sorry, i'm honestly so fucking sorry for the way i reacted. well, maybe i'm not sorry for the way i reacted but for the way i expressed it. it was wrong of me to put you out, especially since i helped make the baby." niall stopped, but louis could tell he wasn't done so he kept his moth shut.

"look princess, you know how i feel about kids so you couldn't have expected a positive reaction. i'm sorry i couldn't give you the reaction you deserved but i never, ever wanted a kid. i know that i don't have it in me to love another human being, i wish i did but i don't. i wish my parents showed me more love growing up so i had more love in me but there's no going back, i'm here and i'm a cold hearted bastard. you're the only person that makes me feel warm on the inside louis, you're the love of my life and if you're carrying my child then i'm fucking ecstatic about it." niall finished, tugging on his lips as his nerves got the best of him. he wasn't bullshitting louis and he really hoped louis could see that.

"what's that suppose to mean?" louis asked, he wasn't confused but he wasn't completely sure of what niall was trying.

"it means that i'm a complete idiot for not realizing this when you told me, for not realizing that i'm so fucking in love with you and i always will be and having a family with you wouldn't be like it was for me. i should have realized that i'd always have you there to warm me inside so i wasn't a cold hearted bastard when it came to loving my kid." niall said, breathless from all the talking he had done.

they sat in silence for a while, louis had his head rested on niall's chest as he took in the mans words, and his own feelings. he's realized niall was the love of his life long ago, and he knew he'd never actually be able to be without him but niall had treated him so poorly when he told him. if it was so easy for him to treat louis bad then, why wouldn't he do it again when he was told something he didn't want to hear.

but despite all the doubts in louis' head, all the thoughts that were going against his decision, he forgave the man. he chose his words carefully before he spoke, wanting to make sure he got what he wanted to say across clearly.

"it's not okay, but i accept your apology and i forgive you. please never treat me that way again, i felt so horrible." louis said, his voice becoming a mumble towards the end.

"i know i caused problems, but i'll do everything i can to fix them." niall replied, kissing the side of louis' face.

"kay daddy," louis mumbled sleepily. if he was being completely honest, he planned on staying in bed for a few more hours but when he got sight of niall's face, that kind of changed. he was wide awake then but now his lack of sleep is getting to him.

"tired, baby?" niall asked, standing and walking to the head of the bed to set louis down. louis let out a whine, like a baby who didn't want to be put down but niall silenced him as he climbed into the bed with him.

"don't think you're getting off with, don't worry about it. you're telling me what happened to your face when i wake up." louis said, sleepily mocking niall's accent as he repeated his words from earlier.

"stop trying to mock me, your accent is horrible." niall teased, laughing as louis reached over and pinched his butt.

"shut up," louis huffed, seemingly mad but niall knew it was just a façade. and when louis cuddled up into his chest, niall felt it warming up and he felt his body fill with a sense of normality and he hoped it'd be this way when they woke up. now all he could do was wait.

*   ੈ✩‧₊˚*   ੈ✩‧₊

ughhh, it's a quarter til midnight, yall better appreciate this update lmaoo

do you think louis forgave niall too soon? what're your thoughts on things moving back into place so quickly?