Chapter Four: The Meeting

*Matties POV*

The black town car pulled up to a building in downtown Los Angeles. The sign out front said The Westin: Los Angeles. The building was modern on the outside, with marble floors and a black carpet that led to the front entrance. "Geez, if it looks like this on the outside, the inside must be ridiculous..." . I thought to myself. Our door was opened by a woman. She wore a black pants suit and black high heels. Her red hair was straight down her back. "Ladies! Welcome to Los Angeles," she said as Addison and I stepped out of the car and onto the curb, our suitcases by our feet. "My name is Shannon Black," she told us shaking Addison's hand and then mine. "I'm Corey's agent. We talked on the phone this morning Miss James."

Addison blushed, "Yes, we did. And I just want to thank you so much Miss Black. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me." I rolled my eyes, hoping she didn't see.

"Oh, and this is my sister Mad-" Addison began but I cut her off. "Mattie. My name is Mattie."

Shannon smiled at my sister and I. "Well, we should get going. Corey is waiting." Two men loaded our luggage on a cart and took it inside behind us. We followed Shannon inside, past the lobby, and down the hallway.

I caught up with Addison and whispered in her ear, "We're staying here? We can't afford the Holiday Inn, but we're staying in the most expensive fucking hotel..uhm...ever!"

Addison glanced at me sideways and whispered, "I'll explain later." I knew that was the best I was going to get out of her.

We followed Shannon in an elevator, the doors clicked shut behind me. She hit the Penthouse button. I was starting to get nervous. I only knew a little bit about Corey Taylor. I knew he was lead singer in the bands Stone Sour and Slipknot. I didn't really listen to his music, but my friends did.

The doors slid open and Shannon walked out ahead of Addison and I. "The door on the right, is the conference room. Go on in and help yourself to some coffee, I'll go and get Corey." She walked to the end of the hall and knocked on room A1, it opened and she went inside.

Addison pulled her laptop bag higher up on her shoulder and took a calming breath. She looked at me and said, "Ready?" I nodded back and we went into the conference room, closing the door behind us.

*Corey's POV*

There was a knock on the door. I looked through the peephole. It was Shannon. I opened the door and she walked inside, "Well Corey, are you ready to tell the world who Corey mother fucking Taylor really is?!"

I widened my eyes at her, "How much coffee have you had today?" I walked to my bed, sat down, and began to tie the laces on my  black Converse.

Shannon put her hands on her hips, "Only enough to fuel a small army. But that's not the point!" She waved her hands at me. "It's finally the time for everyone to get to know the real you. The Corey that Sid, and Mick, and Chris, and Paul-"

My heart hurt at the sound of Paul's name. "Yeah, I know," I stood up and opened the door to the hallway. Shannon shut it behind her. "Are you sure this author is ready for this? My life is one fucked up piece of shit. She may be running for the hills in about ten minutes."

We walked down the hallway together and Shannon put her hand on the door knob and said, "She's great Corey. I hand picked her myself." She turned the knob and went in the room with me right behind her.

The room was large. One wall was all windows over looking downtown Los Angeles. The Hollywood sign was glistening in the afternoon sun. The table that usually spans the length of the room was shoved against the back wall. It was piled high with doughnuts, muffins and danishes.  A coffee pot gurgled by the sink, and I smiled. Shannon always remembered my love of coffee.