-Chapter 1: Just A Normal Day-

It would have been a normal day if I didn't go to the library.

It would have been a normal day if I had just dropped off my books.

It would have been a normal day if I looked at the videotape section instead of the Braille books.

It would have been a normal day if I hadn't dropped my bag without noticing.

It would have been a normal day if he didn't pick it up.

It would have been a normal day if he just gave it to me and left.

But it wasn't a normal day.

It would have been a normal day, and that's what scares me.
-.-.-.-
"Excuse me, ma'am? I noticed that you dropped your bag." I turned to the voice, curious at this new find. "Oh, I didn't notice. Thank you so much." I felt a weight on my lap, and I could feel that it was my purse. I expected that the man would walk away, but I still heard him breathing. "Is there something else that you needed?" I asked, feeling the Braille writing on the shelf in front of me. The man shuffled a little, nervous by the sound of it.

"Well... Actually, I was wondering what a young woman like you was doing in a wheelchair with a "Blind Driver" sign on the back, if you don't mind me asking." I turned my head to this new man, wondering so badly what he looked like. "I was born blind, and I was paralyzed from the waist down at a young age." I said, using a stern tone to hopefully scare him off. I hated when people looked down on me because of my disabilities, and this seemed no different. At least, that's what I was trying to convince myself. For some odd reason, this time felt...genuine. I could feel my cheeks light up slightly, something that I had never felt before.

I was embarrassed.

The new man chuckled a little, his cheeks heating up slightly just as mine had. "Are you here with anyone?" I asked, wondering why this new person was so persistent instead of just leaving like anyone else in my life had.

"No, actually. I haven't had anyone since my girlfriend died a few years ago in a car crash." The man said, a small sigh following his words. I gasped a little, memories slowing coming of that dreadful night almost 19 years ago. It seemed so distant now, but the scenes of that flashed back in my mind as if I was there all over again.

I came back to reality when the man coughed a little. "You know... we could go to this cafe not too far from here. It should have a ramp for you." I feel my cheeks heat up again.

"I would love to."
-.-.-.-
Oh man, this is crazy. A whole book in one week. Well, I hope I can do it. I love this story idea and I want to see it finished :3