-Chapter 9: Under a Star-Lit Sky

Sometimes wishes come true, but most of the time, we have to make them come true.

-.-.-.-

I tried to look around again, only to feel someone hold my shoulders from behind. "I thought I'd never see you again." He whispered, and I couldn't help but smile. It felt right, him holding me in a warm hug. It felt as if my heart was going to burst out of my chest.

"How did you know?" I asked, curious as to how he found me.

"I just had a feeling that maybe you were out here. I don't really know what pushed me." I smiled. The stars really did lead me to my soulmate. I reached up to feel his face and get an idea of what he looked like. He leaned down a little complaint. He had a strong jaw, soft cheeks, and a bit of stubble. When I felt a little higher, my hands hit a small ridge. A scar.The scar ran across his right eye to just above his eyebrow. I gasped. He smiled now. "Why didn't you tell me your scar was on your eye?" I asked. He held on to my outstretched hand.

"It wasn't important." He said, now holding my cheek in one hand. "I wanted to help you with what you could fix since I wasn't so lucky." He moves my hand down to around his knee, and I realized why.

He was missing his leg. A prosthetic connected at the joint, allowing him to walk around. I held my other hand to my face in sheer shock. I had been so quick to talk about my own problems that I didn't realize anyone else's. I felt a tear roll down my face as my nightmare returned to my mind, the sounds of their voices curled and twisted into the groans of a demon. Before I knew it, I was bawling. He held onto my hands and comforted me, not bothering to ask questions, which I was grateful for. When I had composed myself, he was still there on his knees. "Let's make a new start." He said, a new light in his voice. I nodded.

"I'm Hannah." I managed to say. He grinned.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I would expect no less. I'm Gregory, or Greg for short." He said. I smiled. The name had a nice ring to it. It felt as though a hole in my heart had been filled. It felt good...It felt...right...

The stars shined brighter than ever that night. Young love blossomed like a flower blooming in the early days of spring. Two years after that day, on the eve of the summer solstice, Gregory proposed to his new love. The two lived a happy life, and adopted a young baby named Amara. Hannah's older sister Caroline married a wealthy landowner from a distant country who turned out to be a prince, so she moved and helped her husband with his duties. She had a young baby girl, who would be the heir to the throne, but she found that she could not take care of the child. In hopes of allowing her daughter to live a normal life, she sent the infant to her sister to raise with her adopted daughter. This child's name was Veronica.

-.-.-.-

ITS DONEEEEEE
YESSSSSSSSS

NOW TO CHALLENGE SOME PEEPS

BlockArtist
Glitch101
XxSnowCannonxX
LetTheJayPlay
Livhock
Merlin_Rex_Dream
AddieHigenell
JustAPyromaniac

You all have been challenged to the 1 Week Book Challenge!

Rules
-MUST BE A NEW BOOK (It can be a sequel to something, but it can't be from a book with published parts or a book you have unpublished. Make something new!)
-You can plan as much as you want, but try to avoid pre-writing. It kind of ruins the challenge
-Challenge starts when you post the first chapter of your chosen story
-From that point, you have seven days to complete the book
-Must be at least ten parts and about 5000 words
-A/Ns don't count as parts
-Make sure to tag me so I can read your stories :3
-When you're done, don't forget to challenge your friends to try it themselves

Good luck!