-Chapter 6: A Pep Talk-

Siblings will make me want to cry and then they'll help me wipe away the tears.

-.-.-.-

"That's it!" I'm coming in!" I heard her shout before the door flew open with a crash that made my ears ring. I heard her sit down in my wheelchair as I laid on my bed. She took a deep breath, trying to formulate her words. "We need to talk about this. I'm worried for you, and I don't want you to hurt yourself over this." I took the effort of rolling over towards her, a little intrigued but also cautious. My sister had done things like this only to complain and bicker instead of truly just talking.

"What?" I asked. She took another small breath before she began.

"I know I'm not the best sister at times. I can rant about things, and I get worried easily. I don't know how to live well with another person especially someone who is disabled. I have to find things out on the fly and my job doesn't help. That being said, I still love you with all of my heart, and I don't like seeing you like this. It hurts me every time I try to get you to eat something or come out. All of this, it reminds me of how I felt back when it happened. I felt so hopeless, so useless. It made me feel like I was a failure to you and to them. Now, I have that sensation all over again, and it hurts! It burns every second of every day, because I know that you're suffering. I just want to help you, and I'm sorry if I go about that the wrong way." I waited until I was sure she was done talking.

"It's not your fault, it's mine. I've been a jerk about all of this. I just want to find someone that is willing to understand and care about me. I thought that would be him, but I'm not so sure." I pulled myself up into a sitting position on the bed, thinking back to our meeting and how it seemed so vibrant, but also so dull at the same time. My sister nodded in some odd understanding.

"Love is like that. You think you've found the perfect one, but in reality, it's just an illusion played by your love-hungry heart. It's a weird thing, but it happens. You just need to push past it and move on with life knowing that there is someone out there who is perfect for you." She said, a new happiness in her voice. I grinned. I like this side of my sister, not the nagging replacement mom, but rather the caring friend. I was lucky to have her, even if I didn't always admit it. I held out my arms a little and my sister embraced me in a tight hug which seemed to crush my ribs. I smiled a little more.

"I want you to be safe, that's all." She whispered in my ear. I can't help but giggle a little. She lets go of me in confusion. "What's so funny?" She tries to ask me as my laughter grows louder. I don't know why I'm laughing, but it feels so good. I laugh until tears form in my eyes only to hear my sister join in. We laughed and laughed, and for once, I was able to see the light again.

-.-.-.-

3
Parts
Left
We can do it!