-Prologue: Out of Her Reach-

The world is very dark. I figured that out quickly. I couldn't find much in this dark place, so I grew to be very quiet. I was bound by the orbs and limbs I had been born with, the ones that never worked. I have always relied on what others tell me in order to survive. I was treated as a fragile doll with a heart of glass, so delicate that one false touch would cause me to shatter into a million pieces. I almost wished for that, as it seemed to be a simpler fate then what I dragged through each day.

I am a grown woman now, but I must still rely on others because of my defective pieces. I must be pushed, pulled, and guided through every second of my existence. I wish to break free of this frozen body and fly away, but sadly, I am bound to this earth in chains. Even with my dismal life, I knew of the key which would unlock my bindings and set me free. That key came in the form of a light, a light which shined on the eve of the summer solstice every year.

I first heard of the lights when I was young. My older brother described them to me as if they were a mythical fantasy instead of a glorious truth. He added an air of benevolence to these lights that only made me yearn for them that much more. These lights had healed and guided those who dared to seek them out. It sounded so delightful, yet incredibly dull. I had no knowledge of what light or dark looked like, as they are only words without some sight to tie the words to. Even with this thought, I still wished for the feeling of this light. I wished to reach out for it, to embrace it's healing arms like a warm hug. I hoped and prayed at that time that I would possibly be free of my empty shell if I found these lights. However, I knew that these lights would be forever out of my reach. However, even the thought of these lights allowed me to push through hard times and come out tougher than before. It became my goal and dream to find these lights.

However, it seems so hard to complete that goal when you are trapped.