-Chapter 8: Star Light, Star Bright-

She wondered why death could be seen as beautiful when you have to leave this world.

He said that humans enjoy looking at the stars, even though some of those stars have already flickered out. We still enjoy their beauty even after their death.

-.-.-.-

It was finally the day, the eve of the summer solstice. Today was the day that I was going to find out whether my love had been true or if it had been a figment of my lonely imagination. I had stayed up later than I normally would in order to be there for the stars. I had my sister drive me to a park near the library where I met him, almost hoping he soul already be there. He wasn't.

I rolled along the path up a small hill, where I would wait and hope he would show up. I knew there was little - if any- chance that he would be out here tonight. It seemed that my brother liked to tell me fairytale a a lot, but I didn't care. I would wait and see.

The night dragged on for quite some time, but as midnight approached, I began to feel the hope inside me spark up more and more. It was at midnight when the stars aligned, and they would tell her what was meant to be. At least, that was what I hoped.

With every minute that passed, however, that hope began to flicker out like a bright sparkler burning for its last moment before it disappeared, leaving only black ash behind. It seems like my momentary moment of light was gone, and the dark had begun to creep in once more.

As I waited, I listened for footsteps. I heard the soft rustle of leaves and the occasional car, but no one seems to walk out on this night. I felt for my special clock my sister had gotten me which displayed the time in Braille. I felt along the surface, realizing that it was 11:55. If he was going to show up, it would have to be soon. I kept my hand on the clock, feeling as the numbers ticked down

11:56
I took a deep breath, trying to keep calm.
11:57
I panic a little at the minute change, but breathe slowly, anticipation filling up inside of me, gathering into a tidal wave of monstrous proportions. 
11:58
I just wanted time to speed up, but the more I thought about it, the slower the clock moved.
11:59
I whisper under my breath a little, hoping for something at this point.

"Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight."

12:00

The bells of a nearby church ran out with each tick of the clock, and with each ring of the bell, another crack formed in my heart. That is, until I heard a voice behind me.

"The stars are beautiful tonight. I just wish you could see them with me."

-.-.-.-

OH MY GOD THIS IS SO CLOSE THIS HAS TO BE DONE BY 11:30 am TODAY AND I STILL HAVE A CHAPTER TO WRITE AAAAAAAAHHH