chapter 3

Dan's walking alone in the hallway's of the hotel heading back to their room. He feels weak and dizzy his head feels like its spinning because of how much he's thought about all that's happened.

'What could be up with phil its killing me! I cant take this Phil's the person to never get mad and especially not at me. We talk about everything together.' Dans mind is filled with questions.

He finally gets to the room and unlocks the door with the key card. He carefully peaks his head in to see if Phil was there but sadly he wasn't. Dan sat on the bed and opened up the bedside table to find some pain killers because his head was pounding.

Right before Dan can fully lay down on his bed he hears a beep at the door which is a sign that Phil's back.

Phil walks in with a slightly slouched posture and gloomy eyes and sits on the end of his own bed. Phil lays his head in his hands covering his eyes in the process and faces the ground.

He sits there for a bit before contemplating his next move. He huffs out a long breath he was holding in and lays back on to the bed facing upwards. Phil looks up at the ceiling and let's all the stress out by breathing in and out in slow motions.

"Ph-phil" Dan finally gets the courage to speak up.

Phil takes in a deep breath "Yes Dan?" Phil says still staring up at the ceiling.

"What's wrong? Did I do something to make you mad? You know you can tell me anything...please" Dan says softly hiding under the covers.

"Not right now dan please" Phil says in a slightly annoyed tone.

Dan just stares at phil not knowing what to say next. Its stays silent for a few minutes before he tries to speak up again.

"Please just tell me. I'll fix it ill make sure I dont do it again please say anything " Dan begs Phil.

"Dan! I said not right now please just forget it."

With the small shine of the lamp Dan sees Phil's eyes watering as he gets up from the bed and gets a change of close before going into the bathroom.

Phil walks in to the bathroom and changes into his sleepwear while Dan stays in his bed tearing up silently talking to himself.

'I'm sorry phil I'm probably the worst best friend to you. Im so mean to him! I'm playing jokes with him though. I thought he knew that I didn't really mean anything mean that I personally ever told him.'

Phil finishes up brushing his teeth and walks back into the room laying on the opposite bed Dans laying on. Dan covers his head with the blankets so Phil can't see him crying.

Phil reaches over onto his bedside table and flicks the lamp off making the room pitch black and eery. Once again Phil stares up at the ceiling with an emotionless face just thinking of the different outcomes that could happen if he told Dan what he was hiding.

The cold air softly hits his face he can feel the shiver he gets down his spine. Phil wishes he was in the bed next to Dan but sadly that just won't do tonight. Phil turns his head slightly and stares at the small, curled up ball that is Dan under the covers.

"Goodnight Dan" Phil says laying on his side.

Dan peeks his head out from under the covers realizing that phil actually said something to him. Both boys do that every night they tell each other goodnight that was like their thing. If one boy falls asleep earlier than the other than they forcefully wake one another up and say goodnight to each other before falling back into their slumber.

Dan realizes that he was thinking longer than expected and quickly whispered out a goodnight Phil. What honestly worried Dan the most was that him and Phil have never gotten mad at each other like this.