35. Costly Wrong Words

Adele was sitting at the dining table and was deep in thought while eating her lunch. Antonio and Costanzo had just come by with some guards explaining what had happened to Georgina. Costanzo was too cheerfully backing up Antonio alongside the guards. It just didn't add up for Costanzo to describe hearing someone scream with excitement. Then as they were leaving the room, Antonio had winked at her and had mouthed a thanks to her. Things didn't add up. She was sure those two were upto something. She was hoping Antonio hadn't hurt Georgina too badly. That was just a hope and she needed to ask him about it later.

Francesco spoke " Adele. Why are you eating so slowly? Don't you like the food? Do you want something else?"

Adele was startled " What? No. The food is fine. I just drifted off abit in my thoughts."

Francesco raised an eyebrow " I don't like it when you don't pay attention to me sweetheart. It's our time together. What were you thinking about any ways?"

Adele sighed. How could she keep Francesco happy? She knew she couldn't say she was thinking about what had happened to Georgina. So she spoke about the one thing she wanted to discuss and knew it wouldn't cause harm to anyone. She cleared her throat " I was ... thinking about tomorrow nights party. The Hollywood party in the city. Georgina told me about it and even picked a dress for it. When can I order the clothes she chose for me?"

Francesco spoke " We will go to that French boutique where i picked up the catalogue from, tomorrow morning. By the way. Did Georgina treat you well. I need to know if she needs a lesson by me. Tell me sweetheart did she do anything that wasn't to your liking?"

Adele spoke earnestly " She was lovely." But the curious side of Adele pushed her to go on and risk asking what bothered her. She spoke carefully " But can I ask you something about what happened today with Georgina? Would you promise not to get angry?"

Francesco spoke " Sweetheart. You can ask me anything. As long as you don't interfere with my business it's fine. Go on. I won't get angry."

Adele asked " Can you tell me why Georgina got into trouble today?"

Francesco spoke " She admitted to trying to slap Antonio. I take it very personal if anyone dares insult a Rosario this way. I would have thought, it was obvious why she had to be dealt with."

Adele spoke slowly " But .... earlier today ..... I tried to slap you too and you didn't react that way. I insulted a Rosario too."

Francesco spoke " Sweetheart. You can't compare yourself to Georgina. You are mine, Adele. Mine. I won't treat you the same as anyone else and you know it. I thought it was obvious..... But having said that what you did is not comparable to what Georgina did. Our encounter was behind closed doors. You didn't do it in public. But Georgina had an audience and she shamelessly admitted to what she had done."

Adele spoke " So, do you mean that if I had tried to hit you in public, you would have hurt me like how Georgina was ordered to be hurt."

Francesco spoke " What kind of question is this sweetheart. Of course not. You are my woman. No one can even dream of hurting you as long as I am alive. I would never hurt you either unless you betray me and you know that already. But darling, you must know I won't like it if you insult me in public. Someone would get hurt but that won't be you."

Adele spoke " Then who would be hurt."

Francesco spoke " Sweetheart. You speak as though you are thinking of defying me or insulting me in public somehow. So far you have been a good girl but don't try to test me. You won't like the results. I may not hurt you if you displease me in ways other than betraying me but it doesn't mean you would like the consequences. Now this discussion is over. If you have no more questions, then lets finish our desert."