Chapter 6: The Gift

Ace bolted awake in a bed. The room was dark so he had to wait till his eyes adjusted for him to see somewhat. He was laying on a queen size bed, a balcony with a door was on the right wall, and a door was on the opposite side of the room. There was a tall dresser and a closet door on the adjacent side of the bed, and a what Ace thinks is a bathroom across from the bed. A few painting and posters littered the walls. Ace felt something move on the bed and went to reach for his knife when he felt something furry rub up against his arm. It was his dog. He relaxed and gently lifted the puppy and stroked its head.

"I never gave you a name did I?" Ace asked the pup. It looked at him with curiosity. "Hmm, I think I'll call you Shadow." The pup barked excitedly.

Suddenly Ace could hear people whisper outside of the door. It sounded like an argument from how the people were talking. Ace quickly got up from the bed and noticed that he wasn't wearing a shirt. He saw a black t-shirt on the nightstand along with his knife and lighter. He quickly throws on the shirt and stuffs his knifes in each of his back pockets and the lighter in his front right pocket. Ace couldn't find his boots so he puts on a pair of black converses that were at the base of the nightstand. Surprisingly they were his size and fit just right. He picks Shadow up off the bed and quietly moved to the door. He looked through the peephole and saw 2 figures. One was a very short version of what looked like Link, and the other was a boy in a yellow hoodie.

"I wouldn't do it Ben, we don't know who this guy is or what he is capable of. Besides Slender told us not to bother him." The boy in the yellow hoodie told him.

"Oh come on Hoodie, don't you want to know what this guy has? He might have some pretty cool things. I don't know why Slender brought him in or why he gave him the same gift as the rest of us. He hasn't proven that he's one of us yet. Besides he's out cold, he won't even know we're there." Ben said to Hoodie.

Ace couldn't believe what he heard. He hadn't been awake a full 10 minutes and already someone wants to rob him. Then, that same darkness from earlier when he killed his parents, entered Ace's mind again. He sat down Shadow and flung open the door, pulling Ben inside and slammed the door closed again. Once the door was closed, Ace started to rapidly punch Ben in the face. A huge fight broke out between Ace and Ben, loud enough that the whole place could hear it. Right when Ace was about to pull out his knifes to finish the kid off the door was flung open and a girl rushed in a pulled Ben away from his grasps.

"Ben what is going on here?!?" She yelled at Ben.

Ben spit out some blood before clearing his throat. "This guy here is an asshole, that's what he is. He randomly grabs me and starts beating me up!"

"Well maybe you shouldn't try to steal people's things ya shiteater." Ace retorts back at Ben.

"Listen here bitch, I don't care who you are, or what you did to get Slender to bring you here, but you don't deserve to be a Creepypasta nor have Slender's give of immortality." Ben said harshly.

"That's not what your mother said last night." Ace shot back at him while grinning.

Ben rushed at Ace, who quickly Sparta kicks Ben in the chest, sending him flying out the door and into the hall way. Ben laid there, wheezing from where Ace kicked him. Ace noticed that the girl was still in the room, and that his shirt was ripped and she could see his tattoo and his chest. He quickly throws on his jacket on grabs his backpack along with Shadow and walks out the room and towards the front door.

"Hey!" The girl yelled at Ace.

Ace stopped mid step and turned to look her in the eyes. Not knowing she was directly behind him, they can face to face, only a few centimeters away from their lips touching. He didn't flinch or back away, he stood his ground not caring that she was that close to him. Suddenly, that girl started to smile.

"My name is Kayla, what's yours?" She asked him.

"Ace." He replied.

"Well it's nice to meet you Ace. Don't get mad over Ben, he's just a little prick. Trust me it's much worse if you're a girl, he's kinda a pervert." She said whispering that last part.

Ace tried his hardest not to bust out laughing at that last part. To think that a random girl could get him to laugh when they just met.

"Welcome to Slender Mansion." Kayla said.

"Thanks." Ace replied with a smile.