Chapter 8: Say What?

I woke up screaming. Another nightmare, again of a mysterious blood covered girl that called out my name. This time, however, I thought for a moment that she looked like Sarah. I slid out of bed and quickly changed into some shorts, a black muscle shirt, and the converse from yesterday. After making sure to put some more food into Shadow's bowl, I put each of his knifes in his pockets and walked out the door. When I got outside, I stretched and then began my run around the forest. As I ran, I began to think about the adoption file and who could be my mother. Slender had said that she was still alive, but where is she? Why did she leave me? After I thought I was a good distance away from the house, I stopped running. I caught my breath then started to practice my old mix martial arts fighting moves. I had heard that Toby used dual hatchets so I would have to use my knifes and MMA fighting style to get in close where Toby couldn't use the hatchets. After what seemed like an eternity and when I felt that I was ready, I headed back towards the mansion. I quickly made my way upstairs trying not to disturb the few people that were still sleeping, since it was around 5:45 am. Once inside my room, I went to the bathroom and turned the water on lukewarm. I quickly gave Shadow a bath and then decided to also take a shower since I was all sweaty from his run. After a quick shower, I went and found some of his clothes that I had packed in my backpack. After quickly drying, I threw on a pair of loose black and grey fatigue pants and my combat boots, tying them tightly. I placed my knifes in my back pockets and my lighter in my front right pocket. Again I decided to wear my sleeveless black hoodie and my blue tinted sunglasses. I picked up Shadow and let him ride around in my hood since he as been in the room the whole time. I glanced at the clock as I walked out. 7:05.

"Some one should be up by now. Hopefully it's someone I know." I thought as I walked out of my room. Shadow barked in agreement.

As I walked down the hall, the image of the girl from my nightmare flashed across my mind. I began to rub my eyes not paying attention where I was walking and ended up bumping into someone. "Shit." I hear a familiar voice mumble. Looking at who I bumped into, it was Kayla.

"My bad... Sorry Kayla." I said sheepishly.

She simply smiled. "Its alright Ace. It was just an accident. By the way, thanks for the grilled cheese. It was good."

I blush lightly before replying. "Its no biggie. Just a little thank you for being nice earlier... I guess."

She giggles lightly. "No problem... See you at breakfast." She said before quickly walking past me.

"Shit, breakfast!" I almost said out loud before hurrying downstairs, trying not to let Shadow fall out of my hood.

I quickly ran into the kitchen to find Sally and another female, which was wearing a blue mask with pitch black eyes, getting out food from the fridge. Sally saw me and quickly ran and jumped into my arms and hugged me tightly. I had to grab my hood so Shadow didn't fall out. I let Sally down and gently pulled Shadow from my hood like a magic trick. Sally squealed in excitement when she saw Shadow. I let Sally hold him and told her to not wonder off with him while I helped cooked breakfast, to which she nodded and sat down at the counter stroking Shadow's head while he wagged his tail excited to have a new friend. I noticed that the chick in the blue mask was having trouble reaching a pan so I went over and got it for her.

"Oh, thanks." She said taking the pan and setting it down on the stove. "You must be new here, my name is Eyeless Alice, or just Alice." She said trying to find the eggs.

I slide the eggs across the counter to her. "It's nice to meet you Alice, my name is Ace." I reply getting out another pan and start to help her cook.

After making about 45 pancakes and 20 waffles for Toby, as Alice had asked me to do for him separately, and an infinite amount of bacon and scrambled eggs, breakfast was ready. Soon, the whole house was beginning to fill the extremely long table and seats were filling up fast. Another person in a blue mask like Alice's, but the person was a guy.