Chapter 1

Bella Swan wasn't your typical teenager. She was popular; the hottest girl in school, though she was oblivious to it. She was friends with everyone, as she knew what it was like to be bullied and thrown away. 

It was 2:00 on a Wednesday afternoon and school was soon to be over for the day. Bella was sitting in English class next to a few of her many friends. Savannah was on her left. Savannah had long blonde hair, and was captain of the cheerleading squad. Amanda was on her right. Amanda had shoulder-length brown hair, and was captain of the soccer team. Behind her sat Christina and Melody. Christina and Melody, twins, both had short black hair and were on the tennis team. Just in front of her was Mikayla and Jennifer. Mikayla's hair was auburn, and she played softball. Jennifer was blonde and played for the school's basketball team. As for Bella, she definitely was not an athletic kind of girl. 

Instead, she walked the halls of the school, making everyone who came in contact with her feel appreciated and like they belonged. This was her daily routine. Bella Swan thrived on making people feel good about themselves. Her teachers got the same treatment as everyone else she came into contact with. She was a teacher's pet. Bella's father was the superintendent of the school, and saw his daughter as his pride and joy.

Charlie Swan had black, curly hair but was slowly balding. He had a neatly trimmed mustache and brown eyes. Bella's mother, however, was president of the school board. They both loved their daughter more than anything in the world, and her parents always spoiled her. She may not have gotten everything she wanted, but her life was perfect nonetheless.

She enjoyed the little things in life, such as the beauty of nature and the kindness of some strangers. Bella was the happiest girl everyone knew. She did no wrong and those she knew held her in high regard. Little did she know... her life was about to drastically change.