Chapter 18

Alice bombarded Bella the second she walked through the door. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

Bella leaned back, trying to avoid Alice's vice-like grip as she looked her over. "No, Alice, I'm fine."

"Bella," Alice started. "You wanted him to-"

"I know that," Bella interrupted. "I did it for a reason. And I'm fine, so chill. Edward's right behind me, he's fine too."

Edward walked in and came up to stand behind Bella. He smiled warmly and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Thank you, love," he murmured. "I trust you. More than you know."

Bella turned in his arms as she smiled up at him. "I should hope so," she snaked her arms around his neck, resting her head against his chest. "I'll never be wrong about you." The sound of Edward's laughter rumbling in his chest made Bella fall even more in love with him. He was perfect, better than she would ever be.

"Bella," Jasper spoke up, though his tone was disapproving. When she met his gaze, she was surprised to see a look of slight anger there.

"What?" she asked innocently. "What did I do?"

Jasper raised a brow at her. "Your feelings are rather loud," he stated. 

She immediately knew what he meant. "Sorry," she muttered. "I'll try to keep that in check around you."

His frown deepened as he continued to watch her. Jasper's eyes flickered to Edward's for a brief second before he glanced back at Bella. Edward turned his gaze back on Bella, his own eyes now showing his disapproval and disappointment. He hooked a finger under Bella's chin, gently lifting her face to meet his stare.

"Bella," Edward spoke softly. "Do you really think that about yourself?"

"What's going on?" Esme asked, not sure what Edward was talking about.

With a sigh, Edward explained, though his eyes remained fixed on his soulmate before him. "Bella seems to think that she will never measure up to us. She's worried that she isn't perfect."

Rosalie gently tugged Bella away from Edward's grip. "You're perfect, don't worry about that."

Emmett grinned. "Come on, little sis," he joked. "Would we keep you around if we didn't like you so much?"

Bella couldn't help but smile a bit. "No, I suppose not."

Esme and Alice assured Bella that she was perfect as well, but it was Carlisle's response that really touched her. "Bella," 

Pulling away from the others, Bella walked into Carlisle's waiting arms. 

He tucked her into his chest and hugged her tightly, though not enough to hurt her. "Kiddo, you are the most amazing girl. Don't ever doubt that for a second. We all love you, and want the best for you. If you ever feel as though you aren't enough, please tell us. We will be more than happy to prove you wrong."

Bella lifted her face to meet Carlisle's warm gaze. He reached up to brush away a few stray tears that had gathered in her eyes. "Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you guys."

Carlisle hugged her once more before kissing the top of her head. "You don't have to worry about that. We will always be here for you."

With a smile, Bella looked at her new family. Their expressions showed how much they loved and cared for her. She honestly was happy that she had found them. "Forever."