Girl Party

(Maddie is 11. Mackenzie and McKenzie are 9.)

Mackenzie was sitting at the kitchen table in their house with a notepad in front of her and a pen in her hand. Maddie was in her room.
McKenzie walked in and opened the fridge up. "What you doing?" She asked Mackenzie without turning round. "I'm trying to write a song." Mackenzie replied. "Why are you doing that?" McKenzie made herself a sandwich and came to sit down next to her sister. "Because I love to sing like you do and I want to have my own song. But I don't know what words I want to write."

McKenzie peeked at the notepad to see how far Mackenzie had got. She hadn't even made one pen mark on the paper. "You haven't got very far, have you?" McKenzie laughed.
"Shut up Kenz!"
"Mackenzie Frances Ziegler, don't tell your sister to shut up!" Melissa shouted from the other room.
McKenzie kept laughing.
"Mom!"
"And McKenzie Maya Ziegler, stop laughing at your sister!"
McKenzie and Mackenzie stuck their tongues out at each other, then they both laughed.
"Can we stop the shouting, please?" Maddie shouted down the stairs. Mackenzie rolled her eyes and went back to her notepad. McKenzie went back to her sandwich. She hummed a random four-note tune under her breath.

Mackenzie's head snapped up. "Do that again!"
"Do what?" McKenzie asked with her mouth full. "Gross!" Mackenzie shoved her. "Hum that tune again!"
McKenzie swallowed, and she hummed the tune again.
"Na na na na!" Mackenzie sang quietly. "What?" McKenzie asked.
"Na na na na!" Mackenzie sang louder.
"What are you doing?"
"McKenzie," Mackenzie hugged her sister. "I think you've got it!"

An hour later, McKenzie and Maddie were watching TV together, McKenzie with her head in Maddie's lap, when Mackenzie burst into the room, making them both jump. "I finished it!" Mackenzie shrieked.
"Finished what?" Maddie asked.
McKenzie picked herself up off the floor where she'd fallen after Maddie jumped.
"My song! Do you wanna hear it?" Mackenzie asked.
"Sure, let's hear it." Maddie smiled at her. "Mom!" McKenzie yelled. "Come and hear Kenzie's song!"

Once Melissa had joined Maddie and McKenzie on the couch, Mackenzie was standing in front of them with her notepad sheet. She coughed once, and she started singing.

"Girl party. Girl party.

It's all too boring sitting watching the time, the girls are waiting on the 911 party line, I'm gonna blow if that dumb bell doesn't ring, wanna crank up the music and we'll let the weekend begin.

No boys allowed this is our one secret rule, ain't it enough we got to deal with them all day at school? Cause we'll be talking things they just shouldn't know, you know how boys are with their inflated fragile egos.

Oh oh oh
Look at each other and say
Oh oh oh
What we need is a girl party!

Na na na na na na
It's a girl party
Girl party
We're gonna have some fun cause we're ready to get this party started
Get this party started
Na na na na na na
It's a girl party
Girl party
Shout if you wanna come cause we're ready to get this party started
This party started

Girl party

Got a friend who is a crankin' DJ
She'll lay a beat down that'll blow everybody away
And all my besties up and down the whole block
Will come running right over ready and willing to rock

They've got the popcorn and the chick flick movie
We'll do our hair and nails and dance around in our jammies
They're super cute but you know boys and their brains
Will never understand what sisterhood sisterhood means!

Oh oh oh
Look at each other and say
Oh oh oh
What we need is a girl party!

Na na na na na na
It's a girl party
Girl party
We're gonna have some fun cause we're ready to get this party started
Get this party started

Na na na na na na
It's a girl party
Girl party
Shout if you wanna come cause we're ready to get this party started
This party started"

Mackenzie smiled widely at McKenzie before continuing.

"Don't show up here unless you're ready to move
You're welcome here as long as you're ready to groove
Ahhhhh, let's dance!

Na na na na
Na na na na
Girl party
Na na na na
Na na na na
Girl party

Look at each other and say...
What we need is a girl party!

Na na na na na
It's a girl party
Girl party
We're gonna have some fun cause we're ready to get this party started
Get this party started

Na na na na na
It's a girl party
Girl party
Shout if you wanna come cause we're ready to get this party started
This party started

Na na na na na na
It's a girl party
Girl party
We're gonna have some fun cause we're ready to get this party started
Get this party started."

Mackenzie stopped singing and stared expectantly at her mom and her sisters.
Then, Melissa stood up and started clapping. Maddie and McKenzie did the same. "That was so good, Mackenzie!" Melissa told her.
"I couldn't have done it without McKenzie." Mackenzie beamed at her sister. Maddie and Melissa looked round at her. "What did Kenz do?" Maddie asked.
"She sat down next to me in the kitchen while I was stuck for ideas and she was humming this four note tune and I asked her to do it again so she did, and that's where I got the 'na na na na, na na na na' part that led me to writing the whole song."

Maddie, Melissa, McKenzie and Mackenzie ended up in a huge family group hug. "It's official," Maddie said. "We're all going to be stars one day!"
Which was easy for her to say, McKenzie thought, seeing as she was already the most famous kid in the world. But she didn't say that out loud.