Take The R77...I Think

McKenzie was all ready for her first day of school. Mrs. Carson dropped her off outside the doors. Well, McKenzie had thought she was ready.
Now she was standing inside the school, she realized how big it was.
She put on her brave face and made her way down the hall to find out where she was meant to be. She heard crying behind her, and a loud voice shouted "KOSINSKI! STOP CRYING! YOU'RE EMBARRASSING YOURSELF!"
McKenzie turned around and saw an angry looking teacher descending on a tall girl with a pinchy looking face.
"Hey!" She went to the girl's side. "Maybe she can't help crying! Leave her alone!"
The teacher looked angry at her now. Oh help.
"And who are you?"
"McKenzie Ziegler." McKenzie said, sounding braver than she felt.
The crying girl was holding McKenzie's sleeve, McKenzie didn't know why but she continued to focus on the teacher's face. "Now leave her alone, you're being really mean."

When the teacher was gone, McKenzie turned to the girl.
"That was really brave." She said. McKenzie gave her a tissue out of her pocket. "It's no problem."
"You're really small, aren't you?"
"I know," McKenzie sighed. "My twin sister is too."
"What was your name again? I feel like I've seen you before."
"McKenzie Ziegler."
"OMG! You're the girl from Dance Moms!"
"Yeah...that's me. Mackenzie's my twin."
"You're such a good dancer! I always watch you on the show. It's amazing how you won at your first competition."
McKenzie found herself liking the girl the teacher had called "Kosinski".
"What's your name?" She asked her.
"Brooke Kosinski."
"Let's be friends." McKenzie suggested, smiling at her.
"Best friends."

Halfway through the day, McKenzie and Brooke had become inseparable. Brooke gave McKenzie piggybacks to class, and they'd arranged for Brooke to come home with McKenzie that day. McKenzie decided she wanted to board at school one day a week, so the two of them went up to check out the dorm room. Brooke pushed the door open, they went in, and McKenzie was greeted by her sister's face, her face, printed millions of times over on the walls, and then screams. "Oh my god! It's Mackenzie Ziegler!"
Five girls surrounded her screaming. "We love your song! You're an amazing dancer!"
"I'm not Mackenzie! I'm McKenzie, her twin sister!"
The girls paused, and then started screaming again. "You and her are the best on Dance Moms! I can't believe we're meeting you!"

McKenzie managed to wriggle out of the group. "What are your names?" She asked the girls who'd surrounded her.
"Sarah Marshall." The girl with the blonde ponytail said.
"Amy Bailey." A girl with straight brown hair said, smiling.
"Maureen Scarlett." The girl with shiny ginger hair said.
"Nyah Alvarez." The girl with thick black hair tied up in bunches said.
"Willow Hart," said the girl with white blonde hair with a blue streak in it.
"It's really nice to meet you." McKenzie grinned at all of them.

Brooke tugged McKenzie's sleeve.
"Oh," McKenzie pulled Brooke to her side. "This is my best friend, Brooke Kosinski."
They all smiled at Brooke.
"What class have you got next?" McKenzie asked after they'd exchanged numbers. They'd asked for Mackenzie's number as well but she'd said no, and she made them promise not to give her number to anyone else.
"Drama," Sarah said. "What do you have?"
"English." McKenzie said.
"And you?" Nyah asked Brooke.
"Maths." She said.

Later, it was time to get on the bus and go home. Maureen, Sarah, Amy, Nyah, and Willow had helped McKenzie set her bed up in their room for tomorrow night. Now, McKenzie was trying to find her bus. Brooke was by her side, obviously. "Which bus do you take?"
"The R77. I think." McKenzie said doubtfully. "C'mon, I'll help you find it."

Brooke and McKenzie searched around the parking lot (called a car park in England) until they found the right bus. McKenzie took the window seat and Brooke slid in next to her after they'd presented their bus passes to the driver. McKenzie pulled a pair of earphones out of her bag. "Want to use one?" She held the right one out to Brooke. "Thanks!" Brooke slipped it into her ear. But before McKenzie pressed play on the first song, Brooke gripped her wrist. "McKenzie," McKenzie looked up at her. "I feel really blessed you chose me to be your best friend. You're honestly the nicest girl I've ever met, thank you so much for standing up for me this morning."
McKenzie didn't know what to say, she just hugged Brooke tightly, and gave her the earphone.