Chapter Nine.

I walked into the cell and slumped myself down on the bed across from Stella's.
A few awkward minutes of silence passed by until Stella spoke up.

"So...what are you down here for?", she asked.

"Can you just like, not talk to me?", I replied without hesitation.

"Whoa, okay. Was only asking a question", she responded, shaking her head.

"Oh, and by the way, breakfast is at 8 and lunch is at 12. We get to sit in the cafeteria down the hall with the others then we come straight back here after an hour"

"So we spend 22 hours in this cell?"

"Pretty much....", she nodded.

"Fucking great", I said as I ran my fingers through my oily hair.

"And when the fuck do we get to shower?", I asked, placing my glasses on top of my head.

"Once every three days, at 5pm. And for the bathroom we uh....", she pointed at the rusty silver toilet in the corner of the room.

"Yeah, terrific",

"Well it's no 5 star hotel you know", the annoying sarcasm in her voice.

"No shit", I replied.

The dim, flickering lights switched off.

"Lights out, see you in the morning Vause", Stella said as she turned to face the wall, pulling the sheet around her.

Letting out a long sigh, I rested my head on the cold pillow and drifted off to sleep.