Chapter Ten.

A loud buzzing noise woke me from my sleep.

It took a few seconds to adjust to the new surroundings, I wasn't used to being in a tiny room with the person I hate.

After rubbing my tired eyes, I grabbed my glasses off the floor and looked up to see Stella standing near the door.

"You have to be up and ready when that alarm goes off you know", she said as she yawned.

I didn't reply.

I put on my black boots and stood beside my bed until a CO let us out.

An awkward atmosphere settled in the room as we stood in silence for a good few minutes.

Finally, the large metal door was pulled open by a CO.

"Down to the cafeteria inmates, you know how it works", he said as he stepped inside the room.

Stella held out her wrists and the CO cuffed her.

I stood in shock as the CO turned to me, raising his eyebrows.

"You...you have to be cuffed? It's not like we can run anywhere", I said with a giggle.

He rolled his eyes and grabbed my wrists, cuffing them together.

"Don't joke around inmate, you do know you're in Max, right?".

Staring at the floor, I was pulled along by the CO down to the cafeteria, Stella also getting pulled along beside him.

After a short trip through the dull corridors, I began to hear voices, people talking.

We were pushed into a large room, the walls were grey, like everything else. Metal tables were scattered around, each seating a small group of people. I saw Miss. Claudette sitting alone in the corner. She turned her head towards me, gave me a blank look, then continued poking at the food on her tray.

Everyone, turned to face me and Stella as we were the last ones to enter the room. Stella walked towards a group of women, big women, kind of scary in fact.

"Stella, who's your friend?", one asked. The others began giggling as they looked at me.

I bet I looked so pathetic. Stood there on my own, everyone looking at me. Shaking in my boots, literally. I was not normally one to be scared. But right now, I am.

Stella turned to face me, looked me up and down and then turned back to face them.

"Uh, that's Alex", she replied to the group of women.

One of the women got up and made her way towards me. I was not ready for this. She was a tall, masculine and muscular woman. You could tell she was very, very butch. The rest of the women at the table followed her with their eyes as she came closer to me.

"And what's your last name...Alex?", she asked in a childish voice as she flicked a piece of my hair behind my shoulder.

"Vause, Alex Vause", I replied, trying my best to avoid eye contact, which was very hard as she was and inch or two away from my face.

"Aww, how sweet. You know...Alex, you're very pretty. Hot, in fact. So I'm just gonna let you know, there are some women in here that would love a slice of you...", she said as she played with my hair.

She leant in closer to me so that her mouth was beside my ear.

"...including me", she whispered.

The other women at the table laughed as they knew I was extremely uncomfortable but Stella didn't look, she just stayed staring at her tray.

As she...or he, walked away, I spotted piper sat at a table alone. She had a very concerned look on her face as she beckoned me over to sit with her.

"Oh my god, Piper you don't know how good it is to see you", I said as I quickly walked over to the table and took a seat next to her.

"Yeah it's great to see you too Alex but listen...", I was disappointed my the lack of excitement in her.

"...that woman, that was just talking to you....she's crazy. Please stay away from her", she said.

"Pipes, I didn't ask for her to come over to me, she came to me. She said I was pretty", I replied.

"You are pretty Alex", piper giggled.

"But just please, try your best to avoid her, she's creepy. She tried feeling me up yesterday", she added.

"What the fuck? She did? How?"

"She's my cellmate", she whispered.

"Holy shit...Piper you're not safe with her!", I said in a loud whisper.

"Don't you think I know that?! I mean just look at her!"

We both casually turned to face to woman to see her looking at us, two fingers up to her mouth with her tongue between them, a bit like was big Boo did.

"Oh my god", piper said as she put her face into the side of my shoulder.

"Kiss me", I said.

"What?!"

"Just kiss me Piper! If we kiss she might leave us alone, she'll know we're together", I replied.

"I don't know...but what if she-"

Before she could finish, I placed my hand around her neck and pulled her closer to me.

We looked at each other for a few seconds before we kissed for the first time in a while.

When we pulled away, we heard many of the women cheering and making "oooooo" noises.

The large, angry woman who gave me a friendly welcome, came over and stood over me and Piper, her fists clenched.