Letter 22

Author's note: A new member, actually two members in our "letters to you" family.
i) @pavaak20
ii)@MahrungAlbaloshi
This letter is dedicated to you people for voting and encouraging me. Thank you guys..Happy Reading:)

#best_of_both_worlds

"Is duty enough reason to live a lie??" -- Nicolas Sparks, Dear John.

Dear Reader,

It had been a really long day. I came home late and found everyone fast asleep. It was way past dinner time and I was damn hungry. But there wasn't anything kept for me. I thought for once I could grab something from the refrigerator but then again it wasn't my place and I felt awkward.
If I don't eat for one day, I won't die.

But climbing up the stairs to Jamie's room literary killed me. I crawled somehow. The room was dark so I switched on the bed lamp and sat on the edge of the bed.

I wondered what dad was doing now? It was weeks I met him or talked to him and that felt like shit. That hurt like shit.

I wondered how I'd come home late and I'd find him waiting for me asleep on his couch sometimes, and then eat together, kitchen would smell of lasagna or steak and coffee.. How much I loved his cooking!

I blink away my tears and get up on the bed when my eyes rest upon a cup on the side table. Switched on a light to find a note too with it. "I need you to have this food and not fart in my room later okay? Love you girl" and a scary smiley with it.

Thank God for best friends.

Oh yes thank god for cup noodles too.

After slurping every single noodle I prepared myself to hit the sack. I heard my phone vibrate and thought it must be Dexter. I missed him throughout the day. Finally we could talk. I didn't know what kind of a relation we shared but it was nice. He felt like family to me. I hope I was family to him too.

Right, the message.

Unknown number.
Hi.

I didn't feel it was Dex so at first I didn't bother to reply.

The phone vibrated again.

Same number.
I had to ask you something really important. Do reply.

I gathered every single bit of courage to reply him back. Or her I didn't know.

Who are you??

Unknown guy.
Second year art student. Also your student "ma'am".

Tristan?

Him.
Why, expecting someone else?

How did you get my number? And what did you want to ask?

I was a bit frustrated. I wanted Dex to text me. I wanted to talk to him, but I guess he didn't care as much as I thought he did.