Letter 4

Dedicated to @aisha_khan6 for being supportive always!

#Hallucinating

Dear Reader,

We were all gathered in her house as planned, looking up at the length and breadth of the room.

Dexter simply sighed.

"I'm doing this for you baby, remember that." George said at the stacks of pizza boxes and cokes lying aside on the tables.

He's so much of a drama, I tell you.

"So let's start with this!! However be careful to the furniture guys or else my mom would kill me."

"If your mom doesn't, let us know. We'd be happy to do it." Jamie rolled her eyes.

This quarrel would never end, I presumed. Taking up the brushes in my arm, I threw them at each of them..

"Hey!" Jamie and George cried.

To my surprise, he caught the brush with his left hand. Just in time, my mind pointed out.  He looked about the room and pursed his lips before bending forward and holding up the can of paint.

He's got skills.

Of a painter?

No, my heart argued. Skills to be quick and sharp. He's got good reflexes.

We started painting the room... And I don't know why I have always liked this smell...

I placed a ladder in front of myself and stood on it to reach for the upper part of the walls. I brushed up and down the walls.. Easy as it sounds, newsflash is, its not.

"Cannon ball!!!" I heard a splash and turned around to see George splashing a bucket of paint to the wall...

"Well, now see, this is my version of what real fun should be!! George grinned away to glory.

Painting turned out to be really fun as opposed to what George had predicted. But of course, courtesy? George.

"What the hell guys?" Grace screeched.

By then, there was paint and water everywhere. Oops.

"Turn around." George showed her.

"Time for splash, Grace!!" Jamie poured a bucket of water on her head. She froze to her place, initially glared at us, but soon ended up laughing with us.

Dexter stood there, at a corner, trying to wipe the color from his face and in the process smiled. This was new, I thought. He usually doesn't seem to enjoy anything but studies. My eyes paused to notice as he pushed back his wet hair back and laugh at George as he was chased by the other girls.

It was nice to see him enjoy himself though.

It felt as if finally he was opening up.

*       *       *

Grace's washroom looked as if it belonged to Paris Hilton. Perfectly marbled floors, one side had the shower room with glass panes. Yes, completely see through.

The other side had the basin with a wooden cupboard and a commode beside it. All of the room was sky blue in color and I wondered it would definitely feel royal to sit on the commode and take a shit everyday.

Wow Blossom, admiring your friends' commode.

Dad will be so proud.

My hands trembled to open up the wooden wardrobe, I fear my slightest touch could break them into pieces. But boy, as I opened it, I took a minute of silence to appreciate the fact, she just had everything what a girl needs.